Maybe Lenormand

ryanofspades

Hi all, Ryan Edward here, creator the Maybe. First off, thank you all for the kind words and recommendations!! I'm thrilled people enjoy the deck's simplicity. I personally prefer to read the Lenormand in the GT, so that was my ultimate consideration, even making a pencil prototype to test drive and tweak for months to see how the cards interacted in the tableau.

Here's a link to a thorough review from 'The Truth in Story' if anybody's still curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmAGEtqTBY&t=1s

Also, feel free to weigh in with specifics of any critiques you may have. I love (honest, constructive) critique. This won't be my last Lenormand, so always welcome feedback to consider for future projects. Not that I might be able to address *everything* – already in this thread the Mountain card is somebody's least favorite, but another's favorite card, which I enjoyed reading lol.

Also, happy to answer any questions you have. All my best.

Shade

Not that I might be able to address *everything* – already in this thread the Mountain card is somebody's least favorite, but another's favorite card, which I enjoyed reading lol.

I really do like that mountain. I feel like in a lot of decks it's a card that doesn't get much attention and you get a giant rock. I love the cartoony slopes in your version and I really like the sun being hidden by it. In a reading this evening the Sun came a few cards after and that was a very nice bit of storytelling in the spread.

Other things I enjoy:

The hot air balloons in the garden - I like how animated they make it feel and how they break the barrier of the borders of the card> I am somewhat reminded of the "Let's Go Fly A Kite" scene from Mary Poppins.

I love the glasses on the Queen of Clubs in the snake card. I've heard the Snake can be a woman with glasses, she came up that way in at least one reading of mine. I also love the way she is looking past her fan. I sort of imagine all the Royal figures stealing glances at one anther across the spread.

Of the Maybe-NOt Lenormand cards, Wine / Bacchus is the one that most makes me wish to learn to read with the extras - he's just so joyful.

Was there any card that for you was especially hard to crack?

Padma

Hi all, Ryan Edward here, creator the Maybe. First off, thank you all for the kind words and recommendations!! I'm thrilled people enjoy the deck's simplicity. I personally prefer to read the Lenormand in the GT, so that was my ultimate consideration, even making a pencil prototype to test drive and tweak for months to see how the cards interacted in the tableau.

Hi Ryan! One can tell that you made it specifically to be readable for GT's. And that was what I immediately loved about it, myself, when I saw some of the cards. So, many thanks for doing that! While I do enjoy all the various decks I have, none except the Game of Hope is as simple as this deck visually. And...yours is way more attractive than the Game of Hope! ;)

I'm still waiting for my deck to arrive. Amazon said it might take till February. I'm really looking forward to reading with it! :D

ETA @Shade, thanks so much for all the detailed reviews! That helps! :)

The Happy Squirrel

Here's a link to a thorough review from 'The Truth in Story' if anybody's still curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgmAGEtqTBY&t=1s

Also, feel free to weigh in with specifics of any critiques you may have. I love (honest, constructive) critique. This won't be my last Lenormand, so always welcome feedback to consider for future projects. Not that I might be able to address *everything* – already in this thread the Mountain card is somebody's least favorite, but another's favorite card, which I enjoyed reading lol.

Also, happy to answer any questions you have. All my best.

To me, this deck is perfection. For me, this is THE lenormand deck of 2016. It is dynamic, simple, clean, crisp, modern, and lively all at the same time.

I personally am looking forward to be comfortable enough to incorporate the other cards. If not for this deck I would not have thought of investigating the larger context.

Like many others, I love the hot air balloons floating outside the frames. The simple lines under the envelope that makes it looks like it is flying. Truly giving an extra dimension to the idea of movements and flows of communication and messages. The Sun with sun glasses and its cheeky grin I found the most delightful. The title "Park" instead of Garden is especially appreciated, as I often see depiction of gardens in lenormand decks which does not encompass a sense of community in a way that I have understood the garden to symbolize in lenormand. Those kinds of attention to details, the subtlety of each additional layering through simple gestures, are the things I most appreciate and cherish.

I have not touched my other lenormand decks since receiving this :)

Padma

I see that you have been unable to "be good and wait", Happy Squirrel! ;)

I am glad to see everyone is loving this deck so much. And I cannot *wait* to get mine in the mail!

The Happy Squirrel

I am glad to see everyone is loving this deck so much. And I cannot *wait* to get mine in the mail!

Indeed Padma you caught me there hehehehe :p

The Happy Squirrel

I would love to hear your thoughts once you received it :) I am so far very much in love with it :)

Padma

I would love to hear your thoughts once you received it :) I am so far very much in love with it :)

Oh good! I know you take your decks seriously. I am sure I will love it! I will let you know once I have it :)

lightpers

Have both mass market and limited edition #77 from you, Sir. I think it is the most stunning lenormand deck ever in 2016, i don't know why it feels so vintage and classy and yet the same time cute and simple and readable, At first glance, i didn't know that Bear card was a bear hahaha, but i am getting used to it

I really like The Bacchus card, Rose, i am at the point of dilemma between 36 or using 52 because the extentions are amazing but i am not sure i can use the other 36 systems after i am using 52.

The box in massmarket are stunning but i really like the custom wooden box, all of my friends are jealous that i have a international treasure like this deck LOL