Reader Personality Poll Spread

alyna

just to let everybody know, I have the highest "Hermit score" so far :D

Zelmira

And I have the High Priestess highest score so far.
Blessings,
Zelmira

Chiska

Redid this exercise with Thoth deck - this is the deck I would take if I could only take one.

Magus = 0
Hierophant = 14
Empress = 8
The Priestess = 24
Art = 9
cards remaining: 18

This makes sense to me, really. I read the Thoth with a bit more respect than I do other decks. I don't allow as much "mystic" as I do with most other decks. The Hierophant in this case seems to make more sense. It is accepting the teachings, but not being controlled by them - there is still quite a bit of Priestess in there! Mystic, but still, there is a framework in place. Still not much of a Healer, but I honestly do not "go" that way. Temperance is bit lower than in the other one, and that might be because I am not very balanced between that Magus and Priestess.

So, if I am doing this right, then my "Mystic" style is being over turned by trying to "understand" all the esoteric parts of the Thoth (Interpreter) and reading with it within that framework (Hierophant)?

LaLaBella

Robin Wood Deck
1. The Hermit - Teacher - 38 cards
2. The High Priestess - Mystic - 10 cards
3. The Magician - Interpreter - 8 cards
4. The Empress - Healer - 6 cards
5. Temperance - Alchemist - 1 card
15 cards left over.

I 'm going to re-do the Sacred Circle & see what happens. There was something not quit right. After that, I'm going to have to take a better look at this reading.
Will look at this further after a full night's sleep.

Amanda

Redid this exercise with Thoth deck - this is the deck I would take if I could only take one.

Magus = 0
Hierophant = 14
Empress = 8
The Priestess = 24
Art = 9
cards remaining: 18

This makes sense to me, really. I read the Thoth with a bit more respect than I do other decks. I don't allow as much "mystic" as I do with most other decks. The Hierophant in this case seems to make more sense. It is accepting the teachings, but not being controlled by them - there is still quite a bit of Priestess in there! Mystic, but still, there is a framework in place. Still not much of a Healer, but I honestly do not "go" that way. Temperance is bit lower than in the other one, and that might be because I am not very balanced between that Magus and Priestess.

So, if I am doing this right, then my "Mystic" style is being over turned by trying to "understand" all the esoteric parts of the Thoth (Interpreter) and reading with it within that framework (Hierophant)?

Yeah! :thumbsup: I think you interpreted that very well. I think I might have to try out a different deck to see what happens with this spread. I never, ever read with the Thoth hardly (because I would really like to get a book to understand it, and haven't got around to it yet) so now you've got me curious to see what the Thoth might have to say about me! :D

Crystal Blue

Ok, I had to try this!! I actually did it with 2 different decks.

First, I used my new Shadowscapes deck, and I pulled:

2 cards, then Temperance
2 cards, then the Hermit
31 cards, then the High Priestess
1 card, then the Magician
32, then the Empress
(5 remained)

Pretty much dead on here... I'd definitely say my primary reading style is The Alchemist, followed evenly by the Teacher. The evenness of the two piles was interesting… but what was wild was how then evenly distributed the cards were again between the Mystic and the Healer – with the Interpreter pretty much smack in between them, and with only 1 card beneath him.

My first reading of this was that my major strengths are as a Healer and a Mystic, and where my focus lies when I’m reading is in giving a very balanced reading (Temperance) that also teaches (the Hermit.) I was initially a little thrown by how low the pile was beneath the Magician. My mind wanted to complain and argue… “What?!? I do so know how to interpret the cards!!” (with the righteous indignation of a child who knows EVERYTHING.) And then I embarrassingly reminded myself that I *just* got this deck. It is beautiful and complex and I am very much still learning the nuances these cards bring to a reading. I am definitely in the role of a novice again.

Seeing that had me very curious what I’d get from my Rider Waite – it’s my first deck – the one I learned on and have most used over time. So, I shuffled again and here’s what I got:

11 cards, then the High Priestess
The Empress (immediately followed)
21 cards, then Hermit
32 cards, then Magician
6 then Temperance
(3 remained)

The first thing I noticed was that the highest stack was the Interpreter this time, and the lowest stack was the Alchemist. The Mystic and the Healer take precedence here, though the Healer seems to have a real lack of “oomph” beneath her – as if the power is missing somehow. I definitely have much more confidence in my skills interpreting the RW deck – but by the same token, the cards had gotten to feeling stale somehow, as if the meanings of each of the cards had become fixed for me, and I wasn’t feeling like I was giving a great reading anymore – so the low Alchemist pile here really makes sense, as does the lack of any cards beneath the healer. She’s intrinsic for me, but with this deck, was also lacking any real power.

------

This was really wonderful to do, and gave me more than I expected. I’ve a new compassion for being a novice again with the Shadowscapes deck, and am also left looking to bring a novice’s eyes to my old RW to look beyond the fixed meanings I got too used to seeing that made for a lack of balance.

Thanks, Amanda!!

Soaring Eagle

I got the following results with my Vision Quest deck:

Medicine Man/Magician (Interpreter)- 8
Grand Mother/Empress (Healer) - 22
Hermit (Teacher) - 21
Integration/Temperance (Alchemist) - 3
Medicine Woman/High Priestess (Mystic) - 21

3 cards left over (5 of Air, 2 of Air, VIII Balance)

If I am interpreting this correctly then I am primarily an Interpreter with secondary Healer. But that I place more value on Healer, Teacher and Mystic?

I think this is saying that I need to work more on Alchemist and Interpreter. As the 3 cards remaining 5 of Air (Fear), 2 of Air (Inner Peace) and VIII Balance, then maybe I need to work on getting over my fears of misinterpreting the cards and work on my inner peace (remaining calm) so that I can gain balance in my readings?

mza

Hey Amanda!
I used the gilded and here's what i got...

-33 cards then the High Priestess
-19 then the Magician
-Empress by itself- very fitting i think. lol. I am often very tired the moment i offer a reading. Poor me :D I'm either lazy or i have issues that i've never had a chance to deal with myself, so what hope could i have for others, although i often mean well. Have i understood the meaning of this empress here well? If so maybe then i do need to work on that.
-3 cards then Temperance
-16 cards then Hermit.

I can sort of see the hp and the empress (lack of) in me but am not really feeling the teacher type of thing in the hermit. What you think?

Luminary

A really intriguing exercise this and the results seem to have confirmed a thought that I'd been having about the uses of my two decks.

See what you think. :)

So I did the exercise with my Fenestra Deck first:

18 to The Hermit-Teacher
4 to The Magician-Interpretor
15 to The Empress-Healer
0 to The High Priestess-Mystic
13 to Temperance-Alchemist

23 Cards over

Clearly I use this deck as a Teacher, Interpreting the cards to facilitate Healing. I'd like to think that I bring other skills to the table when I read such as my spirit of Empathy and knowledge of 'Real Life' shown by the high count of the Temperance card. This would account for the lower Magician number too as I 'feel' the spread and the sitter and thier connection to the cards rather than the 'book values' of each card.

Maybe why my High Priestess value is nil is that I use these cards as a tool to enable my connection to the Universal Knowledge which I see as merely factual and not particularly 'Esoteric/Mystical' at all? I am quite a matter of fact reader.

I did the same with my Revelations Deck and got a really interesting response from them.

26 to Temperance-Alchemist
2 to The Hermit-Teacher
2 to The Empress-Healer
5 to The Magician-Interpretor
31 to The High Priestess-Mystic

So it would seem that with this deck I get more deeply into the Universal connection. Looking into Past Lives, Karma and Dreams with this deck. Maybe using Revelations for my personal studies and own Spiritual progression and the Fenestra for 3rd person readings? This is an idea I've been batting about for a little while now but I tend to feel a bit retisent about 'furthering my spiritual studies' coz it always sounds a bit...wicky?

In the cards left over, both decks reserved the Judgement, 9ofSwords and 10ofSwords for my attention. These 3 crop up quite a regularly in my personal spreads. Interestingly Judgement has been in the 'outcome' position of the last two of these and I've been a bit unsure at to how to take it in either one. *shrug*

Amanda

I got the following results with my Vision Quest deck:

Medicine Man/Magician (Interpreter)- 8
Grand Mother/Empress (Healer) - 22
Hermit (Teacher) - 21
Integration/Temperance (Alchemist) - 3
Medicine Woman/High Priestess (Mystic) - 21

3 cards left over (5 of Air, 2 of Air, VIII Balance)

If I am interpreting this correctly then I am primarily an Interpreter with secondary Healer. But that I place more value on Healer, Teacher and Mystic?

I think this is saying that I need to work more on Alchemist and Interpreter. As the 3 cards remaining 5 of Air (Fear), 2 of Air (Inner Peace) and VIII Balance, then maybe I need to work on getting over my fears of misinterpreting the cards and work on my inner peace (remaining calm) so that I can gain balance in my readings?

Yes, you have a harder time trusting the cards that you get, it seems. The Interpreter wants to take the cards at face-value, but perhaps in your spreads you are finding 'odd' cards that don't seem to fit with the subject matter. Would that make sense?