Good comparative studies.

Desecrated

I'm interested in any in depth comparisons between different decks. Not necessarily the history of tarot, but along the lines of HOW the Marseille is different from the Visconti and WHY.
So is there any good books about this?

delinfrey

My recommendation would be to take this journey by yourself.
I mean, the basic things you can get from the decks themselves (differences between the images), then a little Wikipedia, then a little journaling with the card differences - try to answer these questions yourself.

I speak from experience - some years ago, I was writing articles on these differences and I was looking for sources. At one point, though, I just decided to study these decks myself and to use it as a learning experience; after all - learning these differences gives you the building blocks of Tarot. Strongly recommended.

Michael Sternbach

Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Jana Riley is a collection of card meanings from many different authors and decks, although it doesn't go back further than to Oswald Wirth.

Desecrated

My recommendation would be to take this journey by yourself.
I mean, the basic things you can get from the decks themselves (differences between the images), then a little Wikipedia, then a little journaling with the card differences - try to answer these questions yourself.

I speak from experience - some years ago, I was writing articles on these differences and I was looking for sources. At one point, though, I just decided to study these decks myself and to use it as a learning experience; after all - learning these differences gives you the building blocks of Tarot. Strongly recommended.

Yes, this is basic training.
BUT, it's also fun to see what others have written and how they are thinking about.