What spread you use as daily spread?

Farzon

I usually draw three cards without special meanings and interpret them together.

Or I do a five card spread like the center of the Celtic Cross (with only one card in the middle). It's good to determine what energies surround you (literally) and you can also use the meanings of the CC - what's influencing you subconsciously, consciously, from yesterday and what will the day end like?

My third daily spread is a six card spread laid out life a five pointed start plus one card in the middle. The feet of the star are what grounds you, your connection to the world. Your head are your ideals, your mental constitution. The arms are two ways of acting this day. They can correspond or conflict and it's also interesting to compare them to the feet. The last card is the heart - your emotions and subconscious.

Victoria's Finest

I usually draw three cards without special meanings and interpret them together.

Or I do a five card spread like the center of the Celtic Cross (with only one card in the middle). It's good to determine what energies surround you (literally) and you can also use the meanings of the CC - what's influencing you subconsciously, consciously, from yesterday and what will the day end like?

My third daily spread is a six card spread laid out life a five pointed start plus one card in the middle. The feet of the star are what grounds you, your connection to the world. Your head are your ideals, your mental constitution. The arms are two ways of acting this day. They can correspond or conflict and it's also interesting to compare them to the feet. The last card is the heart - your emotions and subconscious.
Thank you for the 5 and 6 carder ideas Farzon! I forgot I wanted to try something like that with the first part of the CC for my daily reads. I love my Morning/Noon/Night spread and the Major Influence/Focus/Major Influence spread I recently added but have been searching for others to mix it up.

Not trying to threadjack OP! :angel:

leicslwt

I like both spreads! I think I will try these two.

Sometimes I start to feel with spreads that have definate position (finance etc), if there are nothing major happening, the "energy" of other position may bleed through. Or, alternatively the cards may probably trying to tell me something else in the big picture which I normally misses, because I keep relating it back to the given position.

I should start trying some daily spreads without special meanings! Will give your mini celtic cross a try!

cfish

I simply ask about how the day will be, and draw two cards.
I found the second card usually provides additional information.
(For example, I got Justice(rx) and King of wands-on the day, I received an email asking me to sing on my work, from the owner of the small company.

Hemera

I usually don't draw cards to "predict" my day. It can cause tension, because if I draw The Tower I'm gonna feel nervous waiting for something "negative" to happen!
Just one experience was enough for me.. I used to pull a card to predict my day and it worked well. Until one day I pulled the Tower and it turned out to be a day from hell. About a dozen bad things happened that day. After that I decided I´d rather not know.
So I draw one card asking something like "What message do I need to keep in mind today?" or "What should I focus on today?" or "What energy is the strongest today?".
So now I do what Citrin says. I pull a card just as an advice for the day but not for any sort of prediction. I very rarely use the cards for prediction these days. Not because it doesn´t work but because it does -and I´m too much of a wimp to want to know. Advice and soul searching is fine but knowing about stuff beforehand is a different matter and has to be handled with caution.

Victoria's Finest

In addition to helping me continue to refine my interpretations, knowing a bit about my day helps to keep me grounded. I'm not taken by surprise, I remember to breathe, and solutions flow more easily to me. Also, a lot of times difficult cards aren't full on disasters, just difficulties for us to work through/learn from. And even if they are full on disasters, they're still just difficulties for us to work through and learn from, at least this is how I see things :livelong:.

leicslwt

In addition to helping me continue to refine my interpretations, knowing a bit about my day helps to keep me grounded. I'm not taken by surprise, I remember to breathe, and solutions flow more easily to me. Also, a lot of times difficult cards aren't full on disasters, just difficulties for us to work through/learn from. And even if they are full on disasters, they're still just difficulties for us to work through and learn from, at least this is how I see things :livelong:.

My limited experience on daily spread is that most cards are toned down. I think unless we are 'gifted' there aren't that much dramas in our daily life .. Saying that, a lot of cards points inwards towards physiological activities rather than outward events.

Victoria's Finest

My limited experience on daily spread is that most cards are toned down. I think unless we are 'gifted' there aren't that much dramas in our daily life .. Saying that, a lot of cards points inwards towards physiological activities rather than outward events.
I think I'm somewhat confused here, gifted in what way? Personally, I've experienced quite a bit of both inward as well as outward events being represented in my daily spreads. Love it!

leicslwt

I think I'm somewhat confused here, gifted in what way? Personally, I've experienced quite a bit of both inward as well as outward events being represented in my daily spreads. Love it!

Gifted in inverted commas. As a attempted sarcastic dig towards drama queens around me lol. Sorry for the confusion.:)

Victoria's Finest

Gifted in inverted commas. As a attempted sarcastic dig towards drama queens around me lol. Sorry for the confusion.:)
Lol! Gotcha! :joke: Aaah, the lost translations of the interwebz message board world :D .