Who is Melody?

Aeric

Does anybody know some facts about "Melody?" I get the impression she's the Doreen Virtue of the crystal world. Like Doreen, her Love is in the Earth Tarot is a saccharine interpretation of an existing Tarot (Thoth), and she's carved out a corner of the market with a very specific Crystal Brand that's hers and hers alone, marketed through workshops and certifications for Melody Crystal Healers. However unlike Doreen, Melody's also devoted to hard scientific research about stones and goes to great length to be exhaustive about both physical and metaphysical properties of crystals.

But she seems to keep her history even more private than Doreen. Her official site bio only discusses her workshops and that she's now based in the UK while follows teach her courses in Canada and the US.

What's her real name, or what used to be her real name? Where did she learn her methods? Her Love is in the Earth book reached its last and largest edition in 2008. I've seen online photos and journal of her digging for crystals with a friend in Colorado in 2008, but after that she seems to vanish. What does she get up to these days?

Aeric

Actually she's the one on the left in blue :)

Still a mystery though. I wonder if anyone with the Love is in the Earth books can tell something about her background.

nicky

Don't know much about her - or the woo woo aspect of the rocks - but I have four of her books and her Pictorials are wonderfully helpful in identifying your crystals.

gregory

Actually she's the one on the left in blue :)

Still a mystery though. I wonder if anyone with the Love is in the Earth books can tell something about her background.

That's odd - the website I got it off said they were Anni, Melody and Bob, left to right... :confused:

I have the book that goes with the deck. I'll look at it.

PathWalker

According to the back of her book - was born in Cumberland Maryland, - was at time of publishing living in the Rocky Mountain area. Has a BSc and and MA in Mathematics (doesn't say where from).

No contact details other than the "write to publishers" usual stuff.

Zephyros

What's with New Age and peroxide? Maybe I would have more success if I bleached my hair.