paracelsus oracle

greeneyesgypsy

You are very welcome.I'm just starting to study them . My teacher says it will take over three months.I'm actually very exited since I have had the deck for a year now. I will try to share as much as I am allowed as I go along.

Le Fanu

Bernice said:
Many thanks for those links greeneyesgypsy.

I've come across this deck several times when browsing online card shops - they facinate me as I have a little familiararity with geomancy etc. But I always end up hesitating to buy them. These links will prove vey useful. :)

Bee

Yes, interesting links there. I use this deck as I would any Oracle and I wouldn´t say Im familar with Paracelsus´teachings. Ive recently taken to using it with The Golden Tarot; daily 3 card spreads (one card from Paracelsus to give general theme for the day and two from the Golden; what´s good about today, what´s bad about today.) They complement each other well.

I use the LWB shamelessly when consulting the Paracelsus Oracle. I know that if I waited until I knew all the meanings by heart, Id be forever putting off using it. Id rather consult the LWB and at least be using the deck!

You should give it a go, Bee. It´s a lovely little deck... by the way, you can see the whole deck at Drak´s Tarot Library

DoctorArcanus

Scion

Thanks to Dr. A for pointing me this way. I own this deck but must confess I haven't used it often. I know Paracelsus as an author... and love the artwork, but haven't rolled up my sleeves and splashed in.

The geomancy and pythagorean content are the heartbeat of the deck and knowing Agrippa's celestial book (II) is necessary to get beyond the LWB I imagine. Again, subjects I have some familiarity with, but not my primary spheres by any stretch. I remember tyhining the first time I saw them that they'd only be truly useful for a hardcore geomancer...

I'd love to know what kind of readings people have gotten with them.

cardlady22

I haven't tried much with mine yet. I found out about them because I belong to a group on Geomancy. They recommended getting two copies of the deck and using them to draw the cards for the 4 Mothers, (because there has to be the chance to have all 4 be the same) then to lay out the cards for the remaining symbols that would be generated.

Bernice

Bumping.... 'cos I'll be getting this deck.

I believe the 'symbols' (sigels) at the very bottom of the cards are either the 'Spirits of the Angels' or the 'Spirits of the Planets'. They look very similar to certain figures in a Sephiral book I have. I'll check properly when I get the deck.

Anyone made further headway with these cards?

Bee :)

Le Fanu

You´ll love this deck. If you want to do any preparatory reading, read up on geomantics. You´ll find it is relevant when reading this Oracle. Great deck and not at all intimidating to use. It need only be academic and difficult if you want it to be. That´s the great thing about it, you can go as deeply as you want. Or not; and use the LWB and nothing else!

This was one of my first Oracles and is still one of my faves.

ETA; just seen on your profile that you have the Playing Card Oracles; if you have the book, there is an excellent section on geomantics. Worth re-reading.

Bernice

'lo le fanu :)

Yes, I'm familar with Geomancy. I had the Napolean book with the horoscope method for 'judging' things - swapped it for an Astro' book by Sephrial....
BUT, I made notes of the geomancy first!

It's the other sigils that are mystifing me. Seems they're not the Spirits/Intelligences of either the Angels, Planets or Metals... so probably some kabbalist squiggles (just quessing 'cos he (Paracelsus) apears to be linked with th Rosicrucians). Maybe the LWB will be of some help here....

Will post here when the deck arrives.

Bee :)

cardlady22

The LWB is very sparse. But, as an example:
the two cards labelled Laetitia (#12, 28) are notated with
Roch'el ~ luck
Jebam'iah ~ discussion

Are these symbols actually composites of many sigils?