Playing Marseille Tarot on kickstarter...

starlightexp

no one else likes this one? really?

Yelell

Marseille tarot deck with french suits :thumbsup: I really like it!

blue_fusion

I like it! The art style is nice and understated. It's self-aware that it's a modern deck paying homage to a tarot classic and giving it a new twist. Thought about combining the two (tarot and playing cards) myself but nothing came of it (yet?). Haha I like his take, though. There's this other recent KS project that had a similar idea - the Arcana deck, though that one had a very different art style. Our very own frejasphere also did something similar in that she created a pack of playing cards with tarot suits incorporated into the French suits.

It's nice to see the tarot and playing card worlds intersecting every now and then.

MissChiff

I like it too! But like you said it is a large goal to reach...

blue_fusion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are going to be made by hand (letterpress)? If he's using axtual black core playing card stock, then the high goal is understandable as the stock would probably require a high minimum order rate. Actually, the high goal is still understandable even if he'll be using playing card printers which playing card afficionados prefer, since these printers also have high minimum print orders - around 1,000 copies minimum per deck, and he's making three kinds...

starlightexp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are going to be made by hand (letterpress)? If he's using axtual black core playing card stock, then the high goal is understandable as the stock would probably require a high minimum order rate. Actually, the high goal is still understandable even if he'll be using playing card printers which playing card afficionados prefer, since these printers also have high minimum print orders - around 1,000 copies minimum per deck, and he's making three kinds...

There was some stuff posted on the stock but I don't know if it's black core. I know the Lenormand decks are all going to be hand painted so I'm sure part of this is the time needed. I personally went for the toast because that would just fit in so well with my TdM collection

mrpants

What a gorgeous series!

I have a BRuT Tarot on order from their Kickstarter campaign, which is also a full 78 card tarot featuring French suits. The BRuT will be my first experience with this style.

The Inset campaign is well worth supporting, and I think that all the decks offered are very beautiful; they appear well executed. I'll keep an eye on this one, for sure!

Philistine

I've been following Ryan for a bit in anticipation of the Maybe Lenormand launch. I really want one of the hand painted first runs before US Games takes it into production. I was excited when the Kickstarter finally went up, and I was super intrigued by this playing card Marseille. I read TdM pips basically as playing card meanings, anyway (with occasional reading of the curly cues and expansion/contraction), so this deck makes complete sense to me.

It's so exciting to see artists doing concept decks that aren't fairies, angels, and elfs. I will probably back this deck in addition to the hand painted Maybe Lenormand that I was already planning on.

Shade

I'm very, very excited for the Maybe Lenormand. The Marseille is gorgeous and, though I don't often read with them, and keep telling myself I never need another... I'm definitely adding that to my collection. It's gorgeous and the price is quite right.