Twin Peaks themed deck

mrpants

As a huge fan of the show, I can respect that the artist took a great deal of time to make arguably appropriate choices in casting the Twin Peaks stars as figures from the RWS tarot. As a tarot user and fan, I'm completely exhausted by artists' need to re-render the RWS deck again and again, through the filter of another 'theme.' I also find this artist's style particularly repelling.

Krystophe

As a huge fan of the show, I can respect that the artist took a great deal of time to make arguably appropriate choices in casting the Twin Peaks stars as figures from the RWS tarot. As a tarot user and fan, I'm completely exhausted by artists' need to re-render the RWS deck again and again, through the filter of another 'theme.'

I'm also a fan of the show, and as far as "artists' need to re-render the RWS deck again and again, through the filter of another 'theme'"...well, I don't especially object to that. I ponder the ones I find interesting, though I don't necessarily feel the need to acquire them, and ignore the rest.
I also find this artist's style particularly repelling.

I wouldn't say "repelling"; for me it doesn't rise to that level. I simply find it...completely forgettable is the best I can say. This deck just doesn't inspire anything more than a yawn from me, I'm afraid. And even yawning is barely worth the effort.

gregory

Dull. And I never even saw the show.

Krystophe

Actually I can imagine that a well-executed "Twin Peaks" deck is the sort of offbeat thing I might rather enjoy. But not this one.....