Incredible Psychic Meow Tarot by Serena Toxicat

KhonsuMes

After a quick search, it doesn't seem this new self-published deck has gotten mention on the forum.

It is The Incredible Psychic Meow Tarot by Bay-area artist Serena Toxicat.

There are a number of photos on the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheIncrediblePsychicMeowTarotDeck/
(requests for info on how to order can be made there too)

Note, the actual cards are much brighter and high-contrast than the images there, at least on my monitor. The background color of the cards is black, though with a few exceptions where white gets to the edges. Corners are rounded, backs not reversible, and the card feel and look is slick but with a matte finish. Card Dimensions are 4.875' x 2.75". The techniques used for the cards are eclectic: photo-collage, collaged painted or drawn images, digital drawings, and digitally altered found images (I think). Many cards use combinations of these techniques. And of course, they all involve cats! Spreads sort of look like a quilt of many brightly patterned fabrics.

The deck is packaged in a partially hinged tuck box with a folded insert with basic information on the suits and very short meanings for the Majors. A book is in progress, per Serena yesterday at the Octopus Bar and Literary Salon in Oakland, CA.

The deck is in the Smith/Waite tradition, with some alternative suits and some alternative Majors assignments, and humor throughout:

Minor "Arcata" Suits:
Bowls (=Cups)
Saucers (=Pentacles)
Swords
Wands

Major "Arcata" Assignments
0 The Kitten
1 The Meowgician
2 The High Priestess
3 The Empress
4 The Emperoar
5 The Hierophant
6 The Lovers
7 The Chariot
8 Justice
9 The Feral
10 The Wheel of Fortune
11 Strength
12 Suspense
13 Fatality
14Temperance
15 The Adversary
16 Calamity
17 The Star
18 The Moon
19 The Sun
20 Judg(e)ment
21 The World

Metafizzypop

Oooh, psychedelic. Pretty cool. It's definitely different.

I saw that it's available on Etsy.

Toxicat

IPM

Thank mew, KhonsuMes!
It's available on Ebay, too. >^..^<