Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 20 - #20

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 20
Number: 20

Symbol: A YOUNG GIRL FEEDING BIRDS IN WINTER.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 20 is:
ARIES 19 ~ A MAGIC CARPET HOVERS OVER THE DEPRESSING REALITY OF EVERDAY LIFE IN AN INDUSTRIAL AREA.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 20 is:
ARIES 21 ~ A BOXER IS ENTERING THE RING.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 20 is:
LIBRA 20 ~ A JEWISH RABBI IN A TINY ROOM FULL OF MANUSCRIPTS AND BOOKS, PERFORMING HIS DUTY.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 20 are:
CANCER 20 ~ VENETIAN GONDOLIERS IN A SERENADE.

LIBRA 20 ~ A JEWISH RABBI IN A TINY ROOM FULL OF MANUSCRIPTS AND BOOKS, PERFORMING HIS DUTY.

CAPRICORN 20 ~ A HIDDEN CHOIR SINGING DURING A RELIGIOUS SERVICE.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 20 are:
CANCER 2 ~ A MAN ON A MAGIC CARPET OBSERVES VAST VISTAS BELOW.

VIRGO 14 ~ FINELY LETTERED NAMES AND MYSTERIOUS LINES ARE SEEN; IT IS A FAMILY TREE.

SCORPIO 26 ~ AMERICAN INDIANS MAKING CAMP IN NEW TERRITORY.

AQUARIUS 8 ~ BEAUTIFUL GOWNED WAXED FIGURES ON DISPLAY.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Solarfire body part - The hyoid bone ("Lingual Bone") is a bone in the human neck, not articulated to any other bone; it is supported by the muscles of the neck and in turn supports the root of the tongue.

Dr Marc Jones says the key word is HOSPITALITY!

I love the simplicity of this symbol, and then again its deepness, it always reminds me of Jesus feeding the 5000 for some reason!
IT has colour, song, feel, weather, angels - birds I see are angels, oh its just lovely...

MARINA

MCsea

Element Icelandic Calcite (spar)
Discussion A wonderfully transparent to opaque and may occasionally fluorescence, used mainly for ptical purposes. Spiritually Icelandic Calcite represents love, understanding that we are always loved by enhancing loving feelings. This element looks like glistening snow, with the inclusions you can get in calcite, it looks like winter and birds, the energy of love and the ‘softness’ of the element fit well with this symbol.Of course Iceland and winter go hand in hand.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 295

tink27

Humility, faith, love, innocence, nurturing, emotionally sensitive, caring and bonding, These are some of the words I initially chose for this symbol. I’m sure there’s a whole bunch more!

Could we see it also as a binding the spirit to the flesh? And if it is, is this where we ask the question of our Life’s purpose…or, where do we go from here? It has been said that we are born knowing we have a purpose inside us. Stepping out of the conditioned mind-set, we begin to realize there is something we can do with our time on earth. And sometimes these truths can be found in the strangest of places.

The child in purple_ scorp’s picture is dressed in red, a color of directing life outward? It doesn’t have to mean we have a fiery soul, on the contrary, one could have a peaceful one. Or it could fluctuate between depending on our moods and actions….here I see a more impassioned emotion. Children are on an endless quest for excitement, life to them is about joy and happiness and they can get very upset when it isn’t……..unhappiness to them is totally unnatural This is probably why people who have the color red prominent in their aura have trouble understanding when they feel helpless or if they or their significant other is unhappy in a relationship.

Although purple_scorp’s picture has no snow, I’m imagining that this scene is in the ‘dead’ of winter. Winter can be an uninspiring time…..but this child has focussed her special light upon the birds…..and birds seek our assistance in the winter. When we do something for others we become enlivened and inspired! Our desire is to do something for others, and in so doing we see wonders we never imagined before. Birds may well be the go-between of our spiritual and physical world. They could represent air, ideas, and spirituality. In this symbol the spirit has landed.

Could this symbol mean, giving attention to areas we have neglected? Paying attention to feedback? Naturally seeking out experiences that nourish us, while providing the same for others? For me, winter is a time that I find myself going inside and listening, a time of introspection. A time of discovering old habits, memories and unfinished business…..basically things that have been holding me back.

But it’s also a time of heightened spiritual awareness, of focusing on goals that are just beyond our reach. Goals that we feel empowered by, feel passionate and motivated towards. So the birds could be creative solutions to a certain problem or dilemma. Or perhaps hidden abilities that have surfaced, such as the arts, music, painting, creative writing, etc.,…..these do not come by chance or coincidence…..they are latent in everyone!

tink :love:

purple_scorp

tink27 said:
Although purple_scorp’s picture has no snow, I’m imagining that this scene is in the ‘dead’ of winter.tink :love:
It doesn't snow in winter where I live!

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
It doesn't snow in winter where I live!

with love
purple_scorp

No snow! Lucky you!!! We had snow flurries today!! Arrgh! I'm not looking forward to winter. The trees when covered are lovely but driving is unbearable!!

So winter in Australia must be like our fall??

Thanks for putting me straight. I 'assumed' that everyone's winter had snow........silly me!

purple_scorp

Hey tink,

well, I live in NE Victoria, Australia. I'm about 1.5 hours away from snow and if there's a decent fall, I can see it on my drive home. But, this year's snow fall was pathetic and the season was cut short.

The winter nights are cold, down to -6 deg celcius but our winter days are usually sunny. With temps of around 11 deg celcius (sometimes warmer, 16-18 deg).

I used to live in Melbourne where the winters are dull and dreary.....you don't know any different until you move away.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Hey tink,

well, I live in NE Victoria, Australia. I'm about 1.5 hours away from snow and if there's a decent fall, I can see it on my drive home. But, this year's snow fall was pathetic and the season was cut short.

The winter nights are cold, down to -6 deg celcius but our winter days are usually sunny. With temps of around 11 deg celcius (sometimes warmer, 16-18 deg).

I used to live in Melbourne where the winters are dull and dreary.....you don't know any different until you move away.

with love
purple_scorp

Wow purple_scorp,

As I read this, I realized the importance of this magical symbol, to you. When we are faced with the void, we are also faced with all kinds of uncertainties and it is those uncertainities that keep us locked in place and with no where to go. You faced it. approached it, and broke through its veil to reach the magical wonder....the light at the end of the tunnel. A feat of intent, courage, strength and endurance.

Normally this time of year, the temperature sits about 14 celsius. This morning it's 0 celsius!! Very unusual for October and a record breaker for Ontario!

In January and February, the weather can hit as low as -20 celcius or lower. In other parts of Canada it dips even lower! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

http://users.ap.net/~chenae/natpoem.html

Rainbow
By Red Unicorn (Barbara Mann) ©1997

Shimmering color arched against grey sky,
Painted by dancing light on air-borne mist.
Wide flung by a sacred hand...
The Hand that formed of dust nothingness
The solid Earth below.
Beauty and promise together blended,
Beauty ethereal, promise divine.
Given to grace the clouds and the rain,
Given to bless the world-weary heart...
Shimmers... fades... brightens...
To vanish in brilliance...
Shines through the dark in my soul.