Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 2 - #32

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 2
Number: 32

Symbol: AN ELECTRICAL STORM ILLUMINATES THE HEAVENS AND THE FORESTS.

MCsea

Crash bam BOOM - this IS a noisy symbol!!

Solar fire Part of Body: Palate

Dr M E Jones has the key word as transformation - need I say more? Ok I will..

This symbol is often found with people who have quick wit and are very intelligent. Electrical energy discharging creating flashes of light. Emotional energy-passion and 'ideas' like a light bulb.. flashes of inspiration..gaining insight from sudden awareness, intuition with this symbol. You need to respect all the 'natural' forces that govern your life. Fire AND water in this sybmol.

Oh it can also be stormy emotions - exploding energy when not stable... advice - when you let your anger out like a thunderstorm it soon passes just take stock of any damage you may have caused.

Keep in mind that electricity can be described in terms of the electromagnetic spectrum, which also includes color.

This is a very Aquarius feeling symbol – so all the Aquarian definitions apply – for example – saving the world, new ways of doing things, invention, sudden and unexpected insights, new age philosophy’s. Au fait with modern technology (electronics, electricity and gadgets).

I actuall FEEL thunderstorms approaching, I get a slight headache or a little (alot) irritated? That would be normal with this symbol.

:)

MARINA

Simone

I love electrical storms and thunderstorms - they release tension.

In this symbol - tension is released, suddenly, noisily, after having built up over the day. It illuminates heavens and FORESTS - bringing light in hidden things?

Airing what you have been thinking, clearing up the atmosphere - even if it is not always so nice. I hear shouting and crying - could it be a PMS symbol among other things?

PMS - when suddenly things are too much to keep them silent, builds up and unloads in a crash nobody expected...

Not a tower symbol, to me, although it could turn into one, but rather a clearing up of things in order to rearrange things.

I note too, that this is just an electrical storm. There is no rain involved - so maybe I will have to review the crying and PMS part? hmmm - I'll think some more about this!

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 2 is:

TAURUS 1 ~ A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY DOWNSTREAM.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 2 is:

TAURUS 3 ~ NATURAL STEPS UP TO A LAWN BLOOMING WITH CLOVER.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 2 is:

SCORPIO 2 ~ A BROKEN BOTTLE AND SPILLED PERFUME.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 2 are:

LEO 2 ~ AN EPIDEMIC OF MUMPS.

SCORPIO 2 ~ A BROKEN BOTTLE AND SPILLED PERFUME.

AQUARIUS 2 ~ AN UNEXPECTED THUNDERSTORM.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 2 are:

CANCER 14 ~ A VERY OLD MAN FACING A VAST DARK SPACE TO THE NORTHEAST.

VIRGO 26 ~ A BOY WITH A CENSER SERVES NEAR THE PRIEST AT THE ALTER.

SAGITTARIUS 8 ~ DEEP WITHIN THE DEPTHS OF THE EARTH, NEW ELEMENTS ARE BEING FORMED.

AQUARIUS 20 ~ A LARGE WHITE DOVE BEARING A MESSAGE.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Element Electrum
Discussion Electrum is a naturally occurring gold/silver/copper metal. It was used in ancient times as coinage. The colour of the metal is dependent on the relative amounts of metals in it – from vivid yellow to pale pink and white gold in colour. Spiritually, this metals has long been held in high regard and was considered it own metal in ancient times, equal in value to gold. Electrum vibrates with alchemy and its magic and helps in all transition times. I think it was the name that really STRUCK me

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 314

tink27

Ohh love your picture purple_scorp! We can even see the mountain stream weaving its way through the mountains as the lightning streaks through the sky.

Lightning has always evoked a sense of fear and awe in us. I remember in school, how shocked my class was, when we were told that lightning goes up!

When a storm cloud discharges electricity to Earth, a small "leader stroke" zigzags toward the ground in about one one-hundredth of a second. Once it touches something-a tree, a pole, a barn or the ground- the electrical circuit is complete and a vast surge of electricity, the lightning bolt, roars up the path established by the leader stroke. Thus the lightning stroke generally goes from the highest object on the ground up to the cloud. It looks as if it happens the other way around-from the cloud to the ground. The human eye cannot follow the formation of a lightning stroke because it shoots skyward in about one-millionth of a second. What the eye sees is the electrical discharge of as much as 100 million volts of electricity, which heats the surrounding air to a temperature five times hotter than the surface of the sun - 30 000 degrees C (54,000°F). A lightning bolt is just a few centimetres wide. Thunder is the sound caused by the instantaneous heating and expansion of air along the lightning bolt. The variety of thunder sounds is caused by the different shape of each bolt.

You see the lightning first and hear the thunder later because light travels about a million times faster than sound. A lightning flash is seen from a distance as soon as it occurs, but the thunder from the same flash takes a few seconds to reach the observer. By counting the number of seconds between the flash and the thunder and dividing by three, you can calculate the lightning's distance from you in kilometres (divide by five for miles). For example if you count 6 seconds from the moment of the lightning flash to the sound of thunder, the distance to the lightning is 2.0 km
(6 divided by 3 = 2).

Fascinating!! If you’d like to read the little bit more it’s at http://mmem.spschools.org/grade5science/weather/lightning2.html

From out of the darkness, lightning strikes within, it’s flies up like an arrow, and pierces the air. Every fiber in our body, feels a warmth surging through us, our blood pulses strongly, Life wells up inside us.

Hmm, conscious thought overwhelmed by passion???

Ah, here is an excellent understanding of our little duck pond!!! Wow! Now I’m truly understanding the energy here!!
http://www.healingtaousa.com/inner_alchemy.html

The palate…..The DRAWBRIDGE is the tongue and the POND OF WATER is the mouth which holds the saliva. In the Taoist practice, when you touch the palate with the tongue (the Source of Rising Law known as the heavenly pool), we connect the circuit forming the link between the governor channel (yang) rising from the perineum up the spine to the head then down to the palate and the conception channel (yin) descending from the root of the lower jaw to the perineum. Once the tongue touches the palate, the Chi is activated. The sexual energy is pumped up to the brain, activating the hypothalamus, pituitary and thymus glands secreting more hormones. The sexual energy, especially the orgasm energy, will help draw in the heaven energy from above and the earth force from below. When you mix these two forces with the sexual energy the hormone secretion is stimulated. This creates an abundance of Chi and fluid. This fluid which flows like a waterfall down through the palate across the upper palate to the back down to the mouth and the throat (Twelve storied pagoda) from where we are able to swallow it down to fill the other two Tan Tiens. This water is also know as the nectar, water of life or the golden elixir.

I'll end this with quoting Marina's wonderful thoughts on this symbol!

Marina said:
Emotional energy-passion and 'ideas' like a light bulb.. flashes of inspiration..gaining insight from sudden awareness, intuition with this symbol. You need to respect all the 'natural' forces that govern your life.

tink :love: