Caroline Myss' Archetype Cards

Slowflyingmonkey

I absolutely love this deck just for the sake of the art, but I'm not really sure how to use them as an oracle deck. I've tried to think of spreads to use with these cards, but I always get stuck in realizing that I have absolutely no idea of what type of questions to ask. Doing a daily meditation has it's place, and these cards can be very good for trying to understand the facets of a person's personality, but I would like to go deeper into what this deck can show me. Do you have any suggestions? How do you use this deck?

Mythtaken

Do you mean Caroline Myss? (That's what comes up when I google it).

I have her archetype cards, but haven't ever found a way to use them beyond a random sort of musing. Can't recall if more specific info is provided with the written materials?

Slowflyingmonkey

Do you mean Caroline Myss? (That's what comes up when I google it).

Yes that is what I meant, my phone most have corrected it without me realizing, I am sorry.

The LWB doesn't offer much unfortunately. But I won't give up, I enjoy the deck too much.

ncharge

I think they are more of a meditation deck than anything. You decide which archetype you need to work with - or choose it randomly - and meditate/trance a conversation with that archetype. My friend and I did this just last week, when I took him on a guided walk to meet 12 archetypes and receive their guidance. It is a healing tool to help integrate and correct/heal various aspects of your psyche. You can learn very interesting things about yourself this way.

Slowflyingmonkey

I think they are more of a meditation deck than anything. You decide which archetype you need to work with - or choose it randomly - and meditate/trance a conversation with that archetype. My friend and I did this just last week, when I took him on a guided walk to meet 12 archetypes and receive their guidance. It is a healing tool to help integrate and correct/heal various aspects of your psyche. You can learn very interesting things about yourself this way.

That's very interesting, ncharge, could you tell me more about what you mean by 'a guided walk'?

ncharge

We basically did a guided meditation that took him down a path where he met his various archetypes, one after the other. He selected the 4 archetypes that everyone has (listed in the LWB), then 8 more. The 12 cards were shuffled so that he could meet them in the order the Universe thought most appropriate. He met each of the archetypes and talked to them. Some didn't want to talk. Some just hugged him. Some he hugged (the wounded child). As he studies each archetype over the next few days, he should learn some things about himself.

My Group has done this several times, and we learned something about ourselves each time that helped us move forward in our lives and our spiritual path. It is an interesting exercise.