The Illuminated Tarot - Carol Herzer

mary ventura

(((((( Cara )))))) , I'm sorry to hear of your loss. And how wonderful for you, to be Illuminated when you need it most! And let's hope the fires stop devouring our our state soon.

Mary V

Aerin

(((cara and family))) Cara, I'm glad that you are finding comfort from the deck.

All ye enablers..... see what you did!

1. Went to look at site.

2. Looked some more.

3. Sent of for sample cards. "That'll put me off" she thought.

4. Got 12 "The Unconscious" in Large and also a pocket 9 of wands.

5. Displayed cards and looked at them. Hard. Love shiny paint on Unconscious. Visit site c. 2 times per day for a few days trying to put self off.

6. Realise that 12 is my 'Shadow Card' according to M. Greer. Darn.

7. Make an order, wincing at ££££ but know it is good value, just ££££. Decide not to buy swimsuit I want as sacrifice for deck. Feel a bit guilty.

Aerin

ps but then I have secured a teeny bit of paid work which will in fact cover it.... just teeny but still.....

Anam Cara

Thank you for the hugs Mary and Aerin...
I'll take all the hugs I can get!!
And hugs back to you, too ((((((Mary :heart: Aerin)))))

I'd say I was sorry for my part in the enabling, Aerin...
but I wouldn't mean it!!! It was a struggle for me
to put together the means to adopt this deck, but
it was worth every effort!! I think you'll love it, so
I don't feel guilty at all for encouraging anyone and
everyone to get their own while they can!!!!

I used my Illuminated again tonight at sunset, in
the smoky orange light...the cards felt like they
were alive! I'm sure the deck without the iridescent
is very beautiful too, but I'm so very glad I got a
deck with the accents...oh! how they catch the light!!

:heart: (the happily illuminated) cara

Enchanted Luna

So nice to see such wonderful praises for the Illuminated Tarot. I emailed Carol today to ask a few questions and she responded quickly and was lovely to "speak" to.

I think I'm going to order the large size, so as better to appreciate the artwork, and of course I definitely want it illuminated :D

Do any of you have the large size? do you find it too big to shuffle at all? I don't have large hands, but I was thinking they might be around the size of my Druid Animal Oracle cards which would be ok.

All I need to do is decide what card I would like on the front of my pouch - my fav colours are pink, purple and turquoise. All I've seen are the ones listed on her site, and out of those, the ones that jump out at me are the 9 of Pentacles, Ace of Cups, Ace of Pentacles and 4 of Wands. I also like the Empress card. Some of you mention not having a card put on the front of your pouch...does it look odd with the card on it? If anyone has a pic of their pouch, I would love to see it. I also wondered if the card on the front of the bag would get dog-eared? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like it will be well worth the money for such a wonderful, energized deck.

With light and love,
Lady Lasairfhiona

lark

Lady Lasairfhiona said:
Do any of you have the large size? do you find it too big to shuffle at all? I don't have large hands, but I was thinking they might be around the size of my Druid Animal Oracle cards which would be ok.
Large is smaller than the Druid Animal Oracle cards....by around a 1/2 inch in length and almost 3/4 inch in width.
They are almost exactly the same size as the Greenman Tree Oracle.
Ask her to send you some samples it really helped me make my desicion.

Enchanted Luna

lark said:
Large is smaller than the Druid Animal Oracle cards....by around a 1/2 inch in length and almost 3/4 inch in width.
They are almost exactly the same size as the Greenman Tree Oracle.
Ask her to send you some samples it really helped me make my desicion.

Ahhh ok thanks Lark!! That's even better....I was leaning towards the larger after speaking to Carol, but that's great to know....definitely the large size :D

Thanks for such a quick response! I love this forum! :D
With blessings,
Lady Lasairfhiona

mary ventura

I have the large size, and I can shuffle it just fine. I have normal-sized hands. I later ordered a medium size so I could carry it around with me. I got the medium without the added iridescent highlights (for financial reasons!). And then I went kind of crazy and also ordered the pocket size too!!! It lives in my purse, in a little wooden box that my auntie gave me years ago. I love the large size. I seem to just melt right into each card as I look at it.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post a pic of my large and medium pouches with cards on them. One corner of the card on my large pouch lifted up a bit when I carelessly let it get stuck down between my couch cushions, but I just glued it back down with a bit of fabric glue.

Mary V

Enchanted Luna

mary ventura said:
I have the large size, and I can shuffle it just fine. I have normal-sized hands. I later ordered a medium size so I could carry it around with me. I got the medium without the added iridescent highlights (for financial reasons!). And then I went kind of crazy and also ordered the pocket size too!!! It lives in my purse, in a little wooden box that my auntie gave me years ago. I love the large size. I seem to just melt right into each card as I look at it.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post a pic of my large and medium pouches with cards on them. One corner of the card on my large pouch lifted up a bit when I carelessly let it get stuck down between my couch cushions, but I just glued it back down with a bit of fabric glue.

Mary V

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the info - that's good to know :D Oh that would be wonderful if you don't mind posting a pic! Thanks!!

With blessings,
Lady Lasairfhiona

mary ventura

Here's a photo I just took:

http://hex52mountain.com/files/IllumPouch.jpg

The drawstring casing on the pink pouch was added by me. The pouches are long enough that they just fold over the deck but I decided I wanted a drawstring.

Mary V

Enchanted Luna

mary ventura said:
Here's a photo I just took:

http://hex52mountain.com/files/IllumPouch.jpg

The drawstring casing on the pink pouch was added by me. The pouches are long enough that they just fold over the deck but I decided I wanted a drawstring.

Mary V

Oh that is wonderful, thank you very much Mary! A drawstring is a nice touch. I don't have the ability to put my own drawstring onto the bag because I can't so worth a bean! LOL :D I wonder why she doesn't make them with drawstrings. I guess I could always tie some ribbon around the top to keep it closed.

Many thanks again Mary and blessings to you!

Lady Lasairfhiona