Tarot Familiars Deck by Lisa Parker

Astraea

My deck arrived today, and I love it. It's actually a Fournier deck, printed in Spain and distributed by Llewellyn, so the cardstock is wonderful (typical of Fournier) - slippy but not slippery, thick enough to be durable but flexible enough to shuffle with ease. The cards are neither matte nor glossy, striking a nice balance between the two.

While I do not find many correlations between the artwork and specific cards (only the Major Arcana and Courts are illustrated with animals), the paintings are so beautiful that it doesn't bother me. The animals' faces are alive with personality, intelligence and purpose, and I find it easy to relate to them in an oracle-deck kind of way. The pip cards are gorgeous, too. Even though there are black borders with gold designs around the cards, I don't find the deck fussy. To me, it's utterly charming and I think it will be easy and enjoyable to read with.

Essjay

I have this! I really like it. Some of the images are undoubtably not made with tarot in mind but they work. I like its size (Hanson-Roberts size) and lovely card stock. It's cute but also a good reader.

RiverRunsDeep

Watched Truth in Story's walk through of the deck on YouTube. Love the majors, aces and courts , but it only took one word to sound the death knell for my interest in this deck.....pips. Ugh. I completely understand the use of pips in a Marseilles style deck, but in a deck like this? Lazy. Just my opinion, of course. This deck will remain on my wish list until I decide whether or not I'd like to use it as a "Majors only" deck.

Obsydian

I was really excited for this deck until the pips myself, however I still kind of want it and I still would love to learn to read that way. I mean, there's cats in it. Of course I have to have it.