Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 307 : June 17 - June 23

Luxa

Rose Lalonde, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

So many exciting deck choices again this week!

I was weak last night and accidentally clicked the order button on Amazon when I was tired and my will power was low :p I forgot i did it today until i checked my email. Anyway, i should have the Victorian Fairy by tomorrow :-D (Anna K and Mary Greer's book on court cards are also making their way to me, both practically essential for any decent collection from what I can gather, right?!).

So, this week I'll stick with Dame Darcy's mermaid tarot (which now has a 6 of wands :-D) as it's still so new to me, and Chrysalis for the midsummer reading and the Victorian Fairy. I can't wait to see it!!

Luxa - Dame Darcy's Mermaid Tarot, Chrysalis and the Victorian Fairy Tarot

VG, thanks for the new thread!

Morwenna

That time already?? I haven't decided yet...

AJ

Hello little gang!

I'd like to say I'll be flaunting the new Shakespeare but I'm still trying to make heads and tails of it. All part of the fun I suppose.

So this week It will be Kris Waldherr's Lovers Path Tarot, with its mythical groups.
This is such a beautifully cased deck set. I wonder why it was so special to Kaplan to give it this luxury.

(((hugs to everyone even if you don't think you need one. Hugs are one size fits all)))

EmpyreanKnight

I'd like to say I'll be flaunting the new Shakespeare but I'm still trying to make heads and tails of it. All part of the fun I suppose.

So this week It will be Kris Waldherr's Lovers Path Tarot, with its mythical groups.
This is such a beautifully cased deck set. I wonder why it was so special to Kaplan to give it this luxury.

(((hugs to everyone even if you don't think you need one. Hugs are one size fits all.

The Lover's Path Tarot is one of the most gorgeously lush decks I've ever set eyes on. There is a warm sensuousness, a poignant passion in the paintings that I feel have never been rivalled. And you have the set with the book and scroll? I only have the Premier, and when I saw some pics of the kit my heart just broke, it was so lovely. One day I'm going to have my copy.

I guess the deck is just so profoundly rooted on the concept of amore that when the publishers saw it, they knew they had a rara avis in their hands. They simply had no choice but to give it the kingly treatment it deserves. It's Love made incarnate as a deck of cards.

I hope you enjoy it, AJ. Do tell us about how it reads like, alright?

RiverRunsDeep

Robin Wood tarot and Sea Whispers oracle, thanks.

AJ

The Lover's Path Tarot is one of the most gorgeously lush d

I hope you enjoy it, AJ. Do tell us about how it reads like, alright?

I've never used it for 'reading', only on my card of the day blog.
My knowledge of classic mythology is nill to none. I always feel like I learned something new working with this deck.

The images are fairly RWS, so it could be read out of the box, but what fun is that? :)

this is how I use it on the blog
https://quirkeries.blogspot.com/search?q="lover's+path"

Carojulie

Sad at our house this past week, so I got behind on reading everyone's DotW posts. TM 4 of Swords was a good card for the week. Posted yesterday in daily draws.

This week Tabula Mundi Tarot & Jolanda Tarot (if the latter arrives in trade before week's end)

Thanks, VG

I am very sorry Rose. I hope this new week ans summer time will bring you soothing. Hugs to you.

(((hugs to everyone even if you don't think you need one. Hugs are one size fits all)))
Don't we all need one ? Thank you so much AJ !

This week I will work with the Hudes tarot. I am sorry I did not get to work more with my Druidcraft last week.... my other DOTW Mermaid tarot, and my Sacred days' deck Stella's tarot, have taken all the space. It is not the first time I realize that I should limit the number of decks I plan to work with at any given time.... I am slow to learn my lessons !

Carojulie - Hudes Tarot

lantana

I didn't get much reading done last week, so I'm gonna do another round with my chosen decks. Hopefully this week I'll be in the mood for tarot.

lantana - Idiosyncradeck & Amethyst Oracle & Prisma Visions

Scarlet Woodland

He he , I love it when that happens :D drew from Tarot of the Sidhe... Strength... asked the Halloween if it would give the same advice... Strength :thumbsup: Guess I'll just hold on tight to that dragon then.

ETA: Yep, I trained my dragon.

Ballerina

Hi all. This week I'm going with Bohemian Gothic. I feel I need something dark.