First Meeting with Crystal

delizt

Twinage, if you lived close-by I'd invite you over!! I used to wonder what people thought of of the crystals...it's a funny thing I noticed:

1. People who don't know about crystals or are "put off" by them, just act as if they are not there.

2. Some are curious about them and ask Polite questions

3. People wo are "crystals people" get very excited!! One time a woman who stopped by for a signature on a pettion for something in town actually asked if she could come into my house and sit in front of the shelf for a few minutes!! That was the strangest first-time meeting I've encountered!

DownwardSpiral

3. People wo are "crystals people" get very excited!! One time a woman who stopped by for a signature on a pettion for something in town actually asked if she could come into my house and sit in front of the shelf for a few minutes!! That was the strangest first-time meeting I've encountered!

OMG this reminds me...after I got into crystals a new family had moved onto my route. By their front door they had this huge basket (only about an inch high on the side) filled with all kinds of interesting looking rocks. Everyday I would look down at those rocks and I just wanted to stop and look through them and hold them : )

stonesatiety

DownwardSpiral: Maybe that's why the stones were there? How fun. I'll have to ask the stones here if any would like to do that! They do. ha!

I really enjoy this thread. Thanks twinage. Maybe someday you'll visit the States making "stone stops" along your journey?

delizt: Lovely collection! I laughed at your experiences with people meeting stones. I love it when somebody gets that look in their eyes and starts treating me like a friendly loonie. Years ago when I started offering healing sessions in my home, a friend said, "Are you going to leave all the stones out?" "I hadn't thought of it. Why?" I said. "It could be a bit overwhelming," she said. ha! I laughed pretty good and took her advice, leaving a more limited group in sight, relatively speaking.

DownwardSpiral

the basket of stones

Well......the Mom had told me anything too big for the mail slot could go in the basket. I could just see me looking at the stones and having someone open the front door with a "what are you doing?" look on their face.

There was one time I picked up a rock off the ground and the UPS guy asked me what did I find? I told him oh it was just a stone.

stonesatiety

Ha! I can just see you involved feeling a stone's energy to have the door swish open. "Hi! I'm uh..." I had a good laugh here. Thanks. Evidentally, the stones would not fit through the mail slot either?! ha! Maybe the kids played with them? I've found that most kids love stones, pick those just right for them and communicate just fine with them. Life is grand when I run across such realizations/memories. I pay close attention to what young kids say. We tend to miss a lot. Those imaginary friends are often spirit guides!

I've been fortunate enough--during my stone enabling at work and other places--to be with quite a few people during their first "stone experience" as an adult. It is SO fun and wonderful to stand with a fellow human as they first feel stone energy, or feel relief from grief, whatever. Most people, when not subject to group censorship, turn out to have fun playing with stones. A few turn out to be stone fanatics.

One guy I used to work with really took to stones and got his family working with them too. He admitted that he used to look at the stones his kids brought in and take those he liked for himself!

Just a stone! :)

DownwardSpiral

Just a stone! :) LOL I didn't know what to say....he said it looked like I just found a million dollars. I didn't even know he saw me pick it up.

Last Friday one of the guys at work had a wire wrapped stone pendant that he found in his drawer. He held it up and was joking about finding a way to hang it at my case. I looked at him and asked if I could have it....and I have to mention this.....it had all sorts of swirly colors and all day I was thinking about the super7 stone and then I came to AT and the Super7 thread was right there starring at me. LOL so I pulled my sunstone out of my pocket and showed it to him. He just looked at me and said where did you get that ? : )

I can remember growing up...... occasionally picking up stones because they had an unusual shape or color but I really don't know what happened to those stones. And I can remember going to Hobby City but I was always more interested in looking at the seashells than the rocks.

twinage

Delitz, I would be very,very happy if I can visit your house, unfortunately my country is faraway from US and even if I travel with airplane, it take almost one day to arrive there lol. But maybe one day, I'll visit to US and see your enormous collection :)

And it was really hilarious experience I have ever heard. I show my citrine to my friend one day and she feel like stung by bees and getting some headache, I think she was really overwhelmed with it!

Sometimes, I do what that woman do in your house, staring to the shelf in a shop and the shop keeper is staring at me, waiting for me to bought something even if I don't planned to buy lol. But still I can't go out from crystal shop without purchasing something which sometime contradicts with my wallet :p

You're welcome, Stonesatiety! And thank you for making this thread livelier :D Reading every people experience and story can bring my mood better and that's why I really welcome you all. And you never know that one of your friend going to be a stone fanatic because you tell them about crystal. That happen to my friend which is a bit surprising since I thought she won't interested in this.

Wow, I also get some people said like that to me, Downwardspiral! I can see crystal for hours and people say my eyes always get brighter and bigger whenever I see crystal. Picking stone is really fun :) I thought to buy stone tumbler but from what people said, it making loud noise and would take days to make tumbled stone.
I think I just take the instant way, that is, go to a shop and buy some bags :D

delizt

I still remember the "total awe" I was in when I went to my first gem show!!!! I was a bit older than eight, when I had been given that jar by my grandmother, and this was a few years later, my friend's father took us both. It was held by the local 4H club outdoors in a Sears parking lot.

I think I had 50 cents for the show (I wont tell you how long ago it was, but back then 50 cents was A LOT, LOL) and I remember how I just stood there with my mouth hanging open for a minute, stunned that there were SO MANY ROCKS!!! SO MANY COLORS!!! ALL SPARKLING IN THE SUN!!!! AND I GOT TO CHOOSE ONE!!!!! I think my "addiction" was sealed at that moment:)

I remember how carefully I went around and around (and around until I though my friend would never speak to me again:) trying to find "just" the right stone that I could buy for my life's savings of .50!!! It was a huge deal, and I think I picked up every rock at that show, vowing someday I would be able to buy them ALL!!

it's funny in hindsight to see how many I did end up with...but I still remember those 2 precious tumbles I bought at my first show...a gold-ish and a blue-ish agate...in fact, I still have them!!!

Thanks for this thread, it's been fun reading and it brought back some great memories:))

twinage

This is really interesting! You described your experience perfectly and I feel like I'm in your position, feel what you feel and see what you see. I bet it was really tough to pick the right crystal with your savings, and I still undergo that everytime I spent my time in crystal shop lol

How's your vow that day? Is the vow finally fulfilled by now? I guess it is since you have that much crystal and rock in shelf and decided to sell it.

Glad you still have those tumbled agate, even if they small, they pack a lot of memories, first crystal you ever buy and the first time you go to gem show. A treasures that worth more than a million dollars :)

Oh my, after reading this, I really wanted to go to gem show. Why? Why my city never held a gem show? Why it's only jewelry show with expensive faceted stone? Why it's not tumbled or raw stone?

You're welcome but actually, all of your stories and other people is what makes this thread worth to read and sometimes we can learn one or two by remembering the past :D

twinage

Please help me buy crystal online

Hi, sorry for ruining the fun in thread but I really need help.

I wanted to buy crystal from a trustworthy website but it only accept Paypal for payment. I can only pay in form of Amazon e-gift card. If someone wanted to help me, please PM for details instead of posting in this thread so people can still continue to talk in this thread.

Please help me if you have paypal and accept payment of Amazon e-gift card, I really appreciate it. Thank you and sorry for posting this in this thread.