stones for osteoarthritis and sleep

greatdane

thank you for your thoughts, stonesatiety

I know exactly what you are talking about re help. I do a gratitude ritual daily. I thank the Universe for it's help, I thank it for all it's given me, even things that may not really have manifested yet. So yes, I get what you're saying :).
I have a quirky neurological system, always have had, I think that is part of the sleep issue. I don't have nightmares, just very vivid dreams. I sometimes can sleep longer, the pain has become an issue that doesn't help as it wakes me often, not every night, but quite often. I have cd's that do help. It varies. Not only do different things work for different people, but as you so astutely mentioned, sometimes something works for awhile and then maybe a change up is necessary. I also find sleeping with a certain type of pillow right under the area of my back where the problem originates can be helpful. Even though the pain feels like it's in my hip and leg, it's really coming from my back. Sometimes I think we must try several things that all work in conjunction with each other, it's FINDING those things :).
I thank you so much for all your thoughts,
I shall ponder those I am not currently using :)
Blessings, GD

celticnoodle

Lots of great suggestions. For arthritis: ask for help. By that I mean our unseen spirit family. Years ago I had growths on my finger joints and knuckles. I was upset. With the many years working on myself, on my spiritual path, this did not fit. I said, "I ask to be healed of this," and went to sleep. The next morning the growths, pain and stiffness were gone. A short time later I became quite angry with a coworker and noticed that night the growths were back. I knew why. My body stored my anger at the usual places! So I didn't ask for help again. Months later, I noticed my hands were fine. I gave thanks and they are fine ten odd years later. I know this is way out, but in case you are open to such. I don't know about you, but I'll take all the *unconditional* help I can get.
very interesting, stonesatiety! I do ask our unseen spirit family members for help all the time myself. I enjoy hearing of others stories too. this is amazing! :)

The stone that came to me for you was first ocean jasper, funny because you have had success with it! If the results happen for a short time, that stone and the blue lace agate may be showing you a doorway. Rather than stop using them, ask "What's next?" (They may need a helper stone if they are small. Maybe a quartz crystal beneath or beside your bed. We humans are much larger than we appear. :)) Ocean jasper is also called orbicular jasper, due to a dispute over the name ocean jasper. I have two spheres of it, one who really enjoys dreaming with me. Maybe yours could help you stay asleep longer too?

Next my rutilated quartz sphere came to mind. I had major back surgery years ago and in my long path to healing, my "crystal ball" has been my main helper. It's silver rutilated. I sleep with it between my legs and it rolls just fine as I turn to sleep on either side. (I cannot sleep on my stomach anymore due to the back injury.) I wake up feeling like a new man. No matter how many times this happens, I am astounded and thank "Ruti" for the umpteenth time. My other spheres sleep with me too, but Ruti is the main man for bodily repair during sleep. If I would have known what a major part such a sphere could play, I would have put it out there specifically for a sphere that would sleep with me nightly. Ruti is around 3 3/4 inches/9.5 cm in diameter. If a large sphere offers to help you, that might be what you need. Back healing takes a lot of horsepower, in my experience.

For staying asleep, snowflake obsidian has helped many people with nightmares. It came to mind for you too. Stones are not one trick ponies, after all. I saw two pretty polished snowflake obsidian free forms the other day. I always leave them for others, but someday I'll meet one for home. (Trust me: I asked! ha!) Selenite just offered without explanation. I've slept with a large, clear piece beneath my bed for years now.

Do you have any larger stones? Or you can also ask the rest of your stones to work together. Ask them to hold your body as you sleep. Then you can enjoy your dreams knowing your body is safe and sound. I've dreamed between two cut amethyst geodes, large crystals, surrounded, etc. They can work from wherever they are in the house too. Ask stones around your house/neighborhood to help if you need to. Do you have a stone wall? Stonework in your house? A granite countertop? They can all anchor you while you dream. And the rest of your neighbors as well. Stones are strong! They go so long ignored, yet stand ready to help.

Finally, have you asked yourself to sleep longer? We can easily change sleep habits that way. I've changed physical habits while I sleep as well, like checking for my cat as she slept beside me, before turning. That all while asleep.

Trust yourself. If you are asking, you must be ready. Good journey!
very interesting post to read. I do agree rocks are strong. I never really thought about this though. Our home here has a rock foundation. Our yard is FILLED with rocks. We could turn it into a rock quarry! I've always been one of those who likes to collect rocks. I just picked one up the other day while out and about. I see a rock on the ground and it seems to just call out to me. I always bring them home and put them in a plant or in a dish. I should ask them for help, I guess too.

Richard

GD, I use CPAP for sleep apnea. It helps one to go through all the necessary sleep cycles. I was missing the REM cycle and eventually had a devastating auto accident from falling asleep at the wheel, but fortunately I am indestructible. :D Niacinamide and a copper bracelet seem to help with my osteoarthritis, but so does aspirin for that matter.

celticnoodle

I've heard copper bracelets works wonders too, LRichard. I had thought of buying one myself, but never got around to doing so. For that matter, Tylenol works if you can't take aspirin. I take regular Tylenol or Tylenol for Arthritis when nothing else seems to help. And generally that is when I've either done too much to aggravate the arthritis or its a change in the weather. so it sounds from your post that you feel the copper bracelet works about as well as aspirin? If that's the case, I may just forget about buying the copper bracelet then.

greatdane

Ah LRichard, they won't put me on cpap

As I don't have sleep apnea and the reason I don't go through all sleep stages long enough apparently doesn't warrant something like cpap, I am so glad it helps you though! I have a friend whose husband uses it and she said the difference is like night and day, no pun.
i wonder if I could get a copper belt, CN :)) I have heard about copper, I will look into it, thanks for that. I guess I figure that using a bunch of different things all together, stone, cd's, lavender, oh and I just ordered some valerian and chamomile tea, it will help. THEN LAST NIGHT, I remembered another reason I have trouble sleeping, well last night, two. This is a small town and the train tracks look like how a kid's train is set up, it kind of goes around the town, at one point, it's only maybe five blocks from me and they will LAY ON the horn about fifty times in two minutes in the middle of the night and some nights, this happens multiple times, and then the squirrels were active as well. Being in an attic loft where squirrels scramble on and around the roof will definitely wake you up. I don't know of any herb, stone, or tea that will get rid of the sound of the train, which is the worst offender (ear plugs hurt my ears after awhile, and you can hear the train through just about anything!).

wildchilde

Hi, greatdane, remember me...wildchilde with an "i" not a "y"...LOL

Sorry to hear you have such painful stuff going on. Not sleeping well can ratchet up pain levels and pain can interfere with sleep cycles so it becomes a never-ending cycle of disruption in our lives! Yes, earplugs are a nuisance, but in your case I think you definitely are going to have to use them. I have had to use them the last several years due to my living situation and although they sometimes don't work, etc, the times they do really makes a huge difference in the amount and quality of rest I get. It is either that or invest in some sound proofing for your bedroom!

As to your crystals question...I agree with what others have said about ocean jasper, amethyst, and quartz crystals. Although, I too a have found that ocean jasper on it's own sometimes is just not strong enough, so perhaps pairing it with one or both of the others is a good idea.

If it were me here is what I would try along with the other things you have mentioned you already do for your issues...

1) put a natural piece of magnesite under your pillow (looks like a little white/cream colored brain). This stone will help balance your brain wave activity which will help get you to a deeper sleep cycle.

2) find a piece of malachite, preferably one that is mixed with chrysocolla because this will also have copper included in the stone ;). This stone will help balance your energetic system, relieve stress and joint pain, and remove toxins, all which will help with your pain levels and sleep. I would suggest either wearing this all day and or sleeping with it under your pillow as well.

3) keep ocean jasper and quartz crystal (also amethyst if you like) on your bedside table, and make sure (as others have said) to program your crystals to HELP YOU with your specific problems. All this means is stating to them, hey, I am asking for your help because I am in pain and can't sleep and I want to feel better! As soon as they know you are open to their purpose here on earth to help us humans they will spring into action!

4) also for the deep back/leg pain you mentioned, you may want to try this trick I learned from Lotus Padma...it helped me immensely last year when I was in debilitating pain from a back/hip problem. Get some medical tape and tape a piece of black tourmaline to the inside of your affected leg near your groin (this is where your femoral artery is located) and sleep with it there. You can do this indefinitely but I would suggest just trying it out for several days to a week and see how you feel. Also, if this location does not seem to have a positive affect for you, you can try moving the crystal around to various locations on your body until you find the one that seems right for you. (I tried about three different places before I found that this one worked best for me and that it wasn't a spot that was directly on the pain location).

I hope some of these suggestions help. Please let me know if there is anything I can for you. I am PMing you privately about this as well.

celticnoodle

4) also for the deep back/leg pain you mentioned, you may want to try this trick I learned from Lotus Padma...it helped me immensely last year when I was in debilitating pain from a back/hip problem. Get some medical tape and tape a piece of black tourmaline to the inside of your affected leg near your groin (this is where your femoral artery is located) and sleep with it there. You can do this indefinitely but I would suggest just trying it out for several days to a week and see how you feel. Also, if this location does not seem to have a positive affect for you, you can try moving the crystal around to various locations on your body until you find the one that seems right for you. (I tried about three different places before I found that this one worked best for me and that it wasn't a spot that was directly on the pain location).
WOW! What a great idea! I'm going to try this the next time I need help with pain too. TY, Wildchilde. :)

greatdane

Hi Wildchilde with an I :)

Love the idea of putting those stones under my pillow, items 1 and 2 you mentioned, definitely trying. I found quartz near my bed has the opposite of sleepy time effect, so as much as I LOVE quartz, can't have too near me at night. Blue lace agate, pink quartz, ocean jasper, have proved helpful, but I have to rotate. As far as putting a stone on my leg, it has to be near my back as that is where the pain originates. I didn't mind the ear plugs but was getting ear aches so switched to a white noise/air purifier (but am waiting for a new filter for it) that helped. When you have sleep probs anyway, plus pain, having a train blocks away blaring at all hours of the night, well, not the best for sleep. The white noise does help. I found that putting a certain type of pillow under my waist is one of the more helpful things as even though the pain feels like it's in my legs, since it generates from my back, the more I kind of balance that, the less the pain. Last night I had like no pain and that's because I slept with a pillow under my waist (I would have slept a lot better if not for that %(#$* train lol). Thanks to you and others, I am getting more and more ideas to try, I think it will be a many sided process. If each things helps a little, all together, I think it will help a lot. At least I have an idea of what the issues are, now it's just fixing them. SO THANK YOU, Wildchilde, CN, LRichard, Stonesaiety, Kathy, and shelikestoread! I READ ALL YOUR POSTS, so please keep them coming. I am sure others with these issues read them too. Blessings, GD

MandMaud

Just been skipping through this thread and found I'm too tired to read it ;) so someone may have said this already - but in case not: too much calcium can _cause_ aches n pains. I found that out the hard way (when my mother force-fed* me calcium tablets because I was breastfeeding)! So spreading the word.

* not quite "forced" lol

By the way I've since realised I am mildly dairy sensitive, but the calcium thing isn't just me, there are studies.

hth
mm

greatdane

Thanks Mandmaud

I don't take any calcium supplements because my calcium levels are fine, but I know there are people who DO take them. i know often people think that supplements are always good, and the more the better. But not everything is for everyone and one CAN get too much of a good thing, so thanks for sharing that.