need a quatruple whammy for a friend

greatdane

A friend is trying to sell a house. It's a beautiful house, we couldn't figure out why it wasn't selling. One realtor mentioned a funky smell. She has cleaned, cleansed with incense, burned candles to get rid of the smell, it was better. But then when she went in the basement she felt a heavy "feeling", like an oppresive feeling right under the room where the smell is. She went through with incense last night. I think she needs more. I haven't been in her basement, but have been in her house. It felt fine...til she moved out. Now they're trying to sell and this "smell" and feeling showed up, doesn't seem to want new owners. I know there are various threads here re herbs, stones, various ways of cleansing (I also suggested salt in little bowls in corner and then removed in a few days and thrown out), including sage, but if you were trying to hit all the bases, what stones and herbs and anything else would you use? I'm trying to leave no stone unturned for her (no pun intended). I live in an older house than she lives in and I have done cleansings, but incense, sound (clapping to disperse energy), affirmations were all I needed. I think she needs more from what she's saying. Thoughts, please? THANKS.

Autumn Spice

Sent a PM. My info/thoughts will not fit here. ; )

danieljuk

I'm sure Autumn Spice sent some great advice to you.
there is numerous threads on AT about being haunted and trouble in houses, have a search GD! I will look for you later but someone started a very long thread about the trouble she was having in a new house and people were suggesting new things after each attempt to deal with the situation. it was a bit trying many different things! no one solution.

suggestions from stones and crystals from me...

for cleansing negative energy and protection -

Smokey Quartz
Black tourmaline
Amethyst

protection against unwanted spirits - Brown Tiger Eye
clearing negative areas caused by spirits - Citrine
protection from spirits - Howlite

greatdane

Thank you both!

I went last weekend, as we had to start doing something. There are some things I have done that have worked and I used them there. It doesn't feel haunted so much as oppressive, repellent, like it doesn't want other people there, like it liked the energy of her family. I have been in the house when they lived there and never felt what I felt this last weekend. We used many methods and after we finished it felt better, she went back a day later and she said it felt better. I will be telling her about both your suggestions as well as we are going back again. It's a lovely house, lovely neighborhood and there's no reason it shouldn't sell....but when I was going around the house, I felt why it wasn't selling, it didn't FEEL welcoming, looked it, didn't feel it. Basement was the worse. So I think we all the gracious suggestions, some things I have picked up over the years and a couple books I have, this house will sell! :))) THANKS AGAIN DANIEL AND AUTUMN SPICE!

Autumn Spice

You're welcome. I hope everything works out for her.