Gilded Reverie Lenormand

Skydancer

I concur; the rider on the carousel horse should be a man!!

prudence

There are several answers actually, but none have anything to do with "mostly naked" as an attempt to appeal to any given audience, male or female. The nakedness serves another role, as it will with the other cards in the deck that include people.
well, hey, it sounds like you've got your title right there! The Mostly Naked Lenormand. A name like that would certainly get most people's attention and it's catchy. :D
cirom said:
As for the horse, who said it goes nowhere?
I can only assume Tag must have meant that a carousel horse doesn't go anywhere, other than around in circles. Though I could be wrong.

The Tower is very pretty and I'd like to live in that House!

merissa_88

I love all the cards. The cross is really intriguing.

Also, this is probably unworkable, but a lenormand app with these cards would be amazing!

Caristia

Magnificent! Just like all your other artwork.

As an equestrienne I'm very happy to see a female Rider. I find the carousel horse quite creative, especially since it's not anchored to anything. Instead of merely going around in circles, it has taken flight, soaring above the darkened forest. I'd love to go on such a magical ride! Or peek inside that mysterious-looking Book. Or live in that enchanting House...

cirom

I realize what was meant by a carousel going in circles. But its a touch of personal style whimsy and fantasy, which I believe most readers can deal with, besides, not all journeys have a specific beginning or end do they, either by time or destination. Any given delivered message may not be the final say or absolute conclusion. This journey which might be interpreted as continuing or returning, might (I emphasize might) provide an additional dimension to the card.

As for the gender. Just because the Rider has been mostly depicted as a male in the past doesn't mean it has to remain so. Surely in the context of a reading a message might be delivered or recieved in a number of ways and from a variety of sources. Traditional symbology is one thing, but it has to be appreciated in context. In a historical perspective of the times I'm sure a male rider may have been an appropriate and obvious visual metaphor. But to continue using it when designing a contemporary deck seems to be tradition for the sake of tradition, repeating what was done before just because thats how its "supposed" to be. Conceptually it would be quite relevant in this day and age to show the message deliverer as either gender. My USPS person is a female, my Fedex is a male. For that matter one might also utilize a "You've got mail" graphic icon of some kind to depict e-mail etc etc. Past verses present depictions are a common dilemma and balancing act when designing decks, both Tarot and apparently also Lenormand. Similarly, clothing is a obvious indicator of historical time, place and social status. Less clothing or the full monty is timeless and neutral.

I personally have no interest in simply producing a comfortably similar deck to the hundreds that already exist. What would be the point? So there are several cards where the changes might be too much, but I'm ok with that. I realize that in veering off the path, the results will not sit well with some readers and this deck will not be for them. I respect that too.

Cerulean

Since I usually only have old Lenomands made for divining, it matters not

because this is pretty fabulous joy in what the artist wants to do to extend the '21st Century LeNormand. I hope it is fun for the artist to share his latest works...

I never use the novelty decks anyway, but love to keep a few for an example of what creative art has been done. I hope to see the final result and want to keep it!

I've never been able to use the off-tradition decks consistently, and yes, even if I preferred a male rider, it doesn't matter. If the artist isn't satisfied, it would not be the deck he enjoys making.

Best wishes, although I am certain you will do very well with however you choose to do your cards. The beautiful 'crane/stork' and birds were quite as lively and radiant as any artwork that I've seen anywhere. I can ''see" them out my window.

And love the idea of a smaller size.

Cerulean

Tag_jorrit

There are several answers actually, but none have anything to do with "mostly naked" as an attempt to appeal to any given audience, male or female. The nakedness serves another role, as it will with the other cards in the deck that include people.

As for the horse, who said it goes nowhere?

Well, every time I have ridden a carousel horse while naked with a scarf covering some parts, I have only gone in circles which is essentially nowhere -- and made it easy for the constabulary to catch me and haul me away for indecent exposure.

cirom

Every Time?? Thats a pity, maybe you should try a different position or perspective.

By the way I actually have a carousel horse in my house. Not the whole carousel mind you, (just like the image) just the horse. As such it can go in any direction, not just circles. But you know what.... its not a real horse.... so whatever direction it takes and destinations it reaches requires some imagination.

cirom

And just to clarify I wasn't making it up. My house like my cards may not be typical or traditional.... But its home sweet home :)

Attachments

• horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 289

prudence

Aww, boo, I thought you'd take up the Mostly Naked Lenormand title. I am not being facetious in saying that I think it would be a great name.....and as you have said the nudity throughout the deck will have a meaning so.....why not?

I have seen a few Lenormands already that have a female rider, and a naked one at that, but naked in a much more old fashioned less flat abbed way, but to each his/her own. (and no one complained about the female rider! maybe it was because the artist was a female? No idea. )

Just keep on truckin with this venture, it will surely lead to something gainful.