Fairy Lights - Unofficial Card Pairs

thirdlibra

The Fairy Lights deck is intended to be used in pairs or more - we're already exploring the Official Card Pairs as they were painted, each in their own thread, but I'd like to also look into "unofficial pairs" with this deck, as shown in the LWB. Since there are infinite pairs possible, let's use this thread to discuss your favorite pairs that weren't painted as one image! If you make sure to give your post a title when you add to this thread, it'll be easier to spot the new pairs as they are posted! As well, posting/linking to an image is appreciated ^_^

thirdlibra

2 of Chalices & 6 of Wands

This is the first of the unofficial pairs that I really felt quite drawn to. For me, it read as a story about the boy character, being lost in a cave. He was quite brave and optimistic, but he was down to his last candle, and still hadn't come across anything remotely familiar. In the far distance, though, he thought he saw light. He moved towards it, letting a little hope grow in his heart, and the light grew and the tunnel widened until he was in a large, softly lit cavern. In the center, was the stature of the woman.He circled her with wonder, eventually whispering "Who WERE you?"

To his surprise, she answered. "Who was I? I was a Goddess. I had a loving following. I gave them everything they could need, they knew no hardship. But eventually, they decided they didn't need me. I retreated, to give them their space, and sank away into legend, and then myth. I'm soon to pass from even the deepest memory. But that is no matter. Who I was is no matter. What matters is who I will be now."

All the light in the cave gathered over her, glowing over her heart, before floating out to hanging just in front of her. The ball seemed to begin to rain, falling over the shape of a little girl. She laughed and shook herself off. She looked up at the boy and asked "Who am I? What will I be?"

He was slightly dumbstruck by the whole experience, but managed to choke out one word.

"Safe."

And he kept his word. He led the new Goddess to an opening in the far side of the cavern, to show her the world, and stayed her protector until the very end.

~~~

As for how I relate this into a tarot reading - the first aspect I read out of this was the boy's perseverence and bravery. In my mind, he wasn't the type to ever lose hope, and in that way, he managed to bring himself into a reality where everything would be ok in the end. By not allowing his fear to overwhelm him. The 6 of Wands statue brought more perseverence and grace, as well as a transformative aspect, rather like the Death card - an end, creating a beginning, and the boy could be showing that as well - he had a transformative moment from lost boy, to protector and guide.

Bookwight

That's beautiful, thirdlibra! :heart: Did you path-work meditate to find that story, or did it just come to you? It's very vivid. Those cards seem meant for each other. I like seeing them with your stone, too (I forget what it's called).

I think this deck lends itself really well to storytelling and imagination.

thirdlibra

That's beautiful, thirdlibra! [emoji813] Did you path-work meditate to find that story, or did it just come to you? It's very vivid. Those cards seem meant for each other. I like seeing them with your stone, too (I forget what it's called).

I think this deck lends itself really well to storytelling and imagination.

It was after a meditation session, but that was unrelated and without intent. The easy name to remember for the stone is Fairy Cross (staurolite is the other name =p) I keep it near my Fairy lights deck all the time, they are good friends.

I love that story-teller aspect of this deck. It makes reading less ... rearing and more finding the moral of the story it tells!