Casting Call!

LeahG

january said:
Wow, some great insights here! I stumbled upon this article... its very amusing:

http://www.ivillage.com/relationships/experts/experts_by_month/articles/0,9632,172420_557103,00.html

So, is Mr. Saggitarius sleazy enough for the part? (my appologies to any Sags out there!) What about Leo? Does he have trouble settling down because he can't refuse any attention that could come his way?

Thank you all for your input... and keep it coming!

Love this thread - very entertaining - My comments above on the Cancer/Leo man - yup can't refuse an attention that comes his way and the cancer makes him appealling to women because of the tenderheart...

lunalafey

Silverlotus said:
As a Taurus, I'd have to repectfully disagree with lunalafay.
*glares at boyfriend who thankfully can't see me right now* :)
So you are female...I specified male...I think gender makes a little difference.
SAG?....sleezy???
"Planet in Love" says this about Sag.
It is very important for you to become personally involved...In the long run, casual sex will not have interest or reward.
for Scorp. this...
you use your sexual magnatism to gain advantage over a partner...you may attract less sophisticated partners whose naivete allows youto be in command...
and this about Aqu.....hmmm...I might have to reconsider...
...enjoys a wide variaty of sexual experiences, if you limit yourself to one....
IF?....con't
...you are not the type to be tied down intellectually or emotionally....
WELL, now doesn't that say it right there???

isthmus nekoi

Just in case any beginners are reading, I think I should mention here that no one is ever purely one sign... for that to happen you'd have to have like, all 10 planets in the same sign and even then, at least three angles would be hitting different signs (ASC, IC, DC, MC can't all be in one sign). So, being a Sag sun wouldn't mean you'll never settle down. It all depends on the rest of the chart...

firemaiden: *LOL*

As for Leo, my father's very Leonian b/c he's got a stellium there, including his sun! But they're all in his 4th house which makes him very family oriented; only the best for his children :D Hm... Leo might not be as freedom loving/independant as Sag b/c he likes other ppl to bask in his light, but I can imagine a dramatic, proud Leo man being quite the player as Leo is a very ardent sign.

*giggle* I have a Sag moon/venus/neptune and I have to admit, I can be a bit of a flirt. Of course, proper young lady that I am, I am *never* sleazy ^_~

I totally agree w/what Minderwiz said... I wouldn't attribute promiscuity to any one sign, although I would say that some signs don't tolerate one night stands as well as others. Unless other factors intervene, Cancer, Cap and Virgo aren't interested. *Generally*, fire signs can be highly independant (therefore less likely to commit), the air signs also find it easier to put their emotions on a cerebral level and maybe less likely to become emotionatlly attached...?

Moongold

Why Zodiac?

Rather than impugn all males of a certain sign :laugh: why not go for a planet like Mars, Mercury of Venus (you could have some fun with Venus and men). Something like Uranus could be fairly interesting (a tinge of evil unpredictability) or Saturn Satyr?????). Wasn't Pluto a goofy dog in a Walt Disney feature some time?

I guess Taurus is the Bull and Sag's can be Centaurs of Goats which ever way you feel. Hmmmmm?

This is all a bit irrelevant to me of course so I'll climb back into my park swing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Moongold

imagoddess

IMO its gotta be a Fire Sign

Its gotta be one of the Fire signs:

Leo's are smooth, charming, and know how to wine and dine women, and will buy them expensive presents. I think they buy these presents at wholesale bulk to distribute to all their mistresses, secretaries and whores.

Sag's those guys are bachelors because they are so screwed up emotionally they can't get a woman to stick around long enough. Oh, sure they are charming and fun for the first few dates, but get them in a relationship, and its a rollercoaster ride, moving from fun and laughs, to their disappearing for days at a time, to emotional tantrums that come out of nowhere.

Aries, these guys are all about me, me, me, unless they have some water or earth in their charts. Part of this is because they are the child of the zodiac. And they can charm the pants off a lesbian. They do settle down eventually, but I have never met one yet, who has gotten married before the age 40.

So I would make the character have the Sun sign in Leo, a rising in Aries, and the Moon in Sag - and there you got one consumate bachelor!

Karenwhe

Just my two cents

I would choose Scorpio as a first choice for a perpetual bachelor. Second choice would be Pisces and third choice Cancer. But of course I am talking only in men (if it was to be women I would choose differently).

Scorpio becomes interesting because of his extroverted emotional characteristic that at some point can become obsessive. Cancer is too introverted to show the same interesting external behaviors.

Pisces becomes interesting in men as they can be very indecisive and get stuck in a rut at one point or another in their lives and can eventually become the perpetual bachelor.

I really don’t think that Capricorn is the best fit, from my opinion Capricorn should be the last in the list, this sign is way to serious and steady.

I don't know why but water signs don't do very good to men........... just kidding :D :D :D :D

All my candidates are water signs, interesting........ I only now noticed that :) :) :)

imagoddess

Scorpio, Pisces, Capricorn

I think all of these signs have something in common. They are all deeply romantic, and quite high maintenance emotionally, and all very, very insecure.

I honestly don't see those characteristics fitting in with a character chosen to represent a bachelor. Because bachelors are very aware of their charms and don't really have an investment in the women they pursue.

In my personal experience with men of these signs, and my understanding of astrology, I agree Karenwha, with many of the points you have made. Pisces tend to sweep women off their feet, then get cold feet when they realize that they created a monster. Capricorn's, in my experience, tend to hord women in the same manner inwhich they hord the material possessions and status they work so hard to achieve. But, ultimately, these men will settle down. Scorpio's well those guys are just nuts!!

january

Re: IMO its gotta be a Fire Sign

imagoddess said:

Aries, these guys are all about me, me....They do settle down eventually, but I have never met one yet, who has gotten married before the age 40.

My brother, an April 3rd Aries, married his high school sweetheart at age 21. Now, at nearly 43, they're still together... very happily! He is a "me, me, me!" crybaby however :). Yup, it's all about Billy.... (grrr!!) Also, my most recent boyfriend is an Aries. He came on soooo strong in the beginning and as soon as I gave in he sort of petered out. Now that we've been separated for a few months, he's trying to charm me again Well, okay, I'll admit, the Ram succeeded, using a Valentine's Day as a lure. I've learned that if not on a ball field or race track, Aries plays games of the heart like a pro.

When figuring my character bio, I began to look back at my own encounters, astrologically.

A Capricorn guy I dated in France was very posessive, demanding and impatient but I NEVER paid for anything. I felt like a trinket of a sort. I got on the earliest train to Barcelona one morning to butt this Goat out of my life.

A Cancer I dated briefly just wanted to cuddle and give me backrubs. Although a fairly big guy, he was soft-spoken and quite gregarious. I think this guy and I would have stuck around for a while if he didn't live in Chicago!

I had an on-and-off relationship with a Libra. Talk about a player! Libras as a general rule do need to be in some sort of partnership, but this one partnered with too many for my taste. And with Libras, I think its the indecisiveness that delays them in finding a solid partner, thinking the grass may be greener somewhere else. His diplomacy always comes in handy, though, when juggling a few girls. We're the best of friends now and I can tease him about it. And I NEVER miss a chance for that.

Although I'm a Cap, I was totally bored with a Taurus dude... we were too much alike and as sensuous as he was there was no spark there. But he was very sweet.

So, I've always ended up in a relationship with a fire sign, perhaps they balance the fire I'm lacking in my chart. Sure its tough at times, but being a goal-oriented Cap I think they provide me with the challenge I crave. If something's too easy, I shun it.

All in all, I think my character is going to be a Pisces. The couple I've dated were very romantic yet quite manipulative. They seemed to use their Twelfth house mystic and intuition to read my mind to lure me into their lairs. In both cases I was too wise to their schemes and got away from these slippery fish ;) However, a very good friend of mine is a Pisces and he was a very faithful and attentive partner to his long-term girlfriend. A key trait in my character is that he has to be interested in astrology and Pisces I feel fits this.

Thank you all for your ideas. This has really been a fun thread, hasn't it?

imagoddess

Pisces Men

I'm a sag woman, with a lot of capricorn in my chart so I'm not your typical flakey sag. I met a Pisces man, six monthes ag and i am in heaven! They are deep, and metaphysical and just up my alley!

meatbox666

Aquarius. The man has to be an aquarian.