saturn 4th house

leriel

well, recently I've realised that Saturn transits had an enormous influence on my life. As I looked into them, it turned out that when Saturn was entering any of my houses, something important happened. Now, afer 3 years, it's going to enter my 4th house. In addition, it's going to have opposition with my natal Neptune (as far as I know, it's a very important planet in my natal h.). I wonder what happened when you had this transit. Any interesting stories?
love
leriel

isthmus nekoi

Hi leriel,

The 4th house is ruled by Cancer, so it's related to things like your home, origins... and your instincts, emotional patterns. Perhaps we're close in age b/c I recently experienced trans Saturn opposing Neptune. Rob Hand describes the transit as "disorientation" b/c Saturn and Neptune are so different.

w/my 5 and 11th house activated, I experienced a drop in dream recall, so I was actually *less* disoriented. Life was very concrete. Actually... during that month when the opposition was strongest, I got the crazy idea in my head to not go out (except for school/research) and complete *all* my papers ahead of time, just to see if I had the endurance to do it, which I did, but looking back, that little experiment was really a miserable state of affairs, I'll never never never do it again!!

Of course, since your transit is 4/10th house, this may manifest differently. I see it as a push and pull b/w reality (Saturn) and fantasy (Neptune). Looks like in my case reality won out totally!! Thank god I won't have to see this transit again until I'm like 50! :D

Minderwiz

As Isthmus says your fourth is the area of family, roots, home, and significant parent. The sign on your fourth is really dependent on your Ascendant and MC and without your birth details its difficult to be any more precise than Isthmus was.

I would say in general that the transit of the fourth is likely to focus you on building home and family life - the opposition to Neptune is the pull between duty to your family/home/roots and the desire to follow your dream (or fantasy) career. For the time of that transit its going to be a pull in both directions.

If you can supply your birth details I can be a little more precise.

littleneptune

Hi Leriel--Sometimes Saturn opposition Neptune relates to avoidance of work and responsibility, so this this might have an effect at home or on the job. Problems with family, parents (or bosses) may involve evasion, dishonesty, guilt, hopefully not drugs or alcohol. I'm having Saturn opposite progressed Neptune this year (not in the 4th/10th axis though). I'm a photographer and this transits' influence has definitely pulled the plug on my creative imagination!

LittleWing

well saturn is about to enter my 4th house - and will be opposite my natal neptune in 9th house.

can anyone shed any light. my father lives over seas - i have a feeling something could manifest surrounding this??

isthmus nekoi

Hi Little Wing,

Unless your Neptune is sitting right beside the cusp of your 9th house, it is impossible for transiting Saturn to oppose it whilst in the 4th house. To be exactly opposing your 9th house Neptune, Saturn would be in the 3rd house. But if it's the case that natal Neptune is conjunct the cusp, and Saturn is in orb, I'd say your interpretation works.

If you provide your birthdate, time and place, I could take a quick look and clarify which house axis is being activated 3/9 or 4/10.

purplefishy

My sun is in Pisces in the 4th, Saturn in virgo(r) in the 11th. My IC is aquarius....

isthmus nekoi

oops, Minderwiz, pls delete this post!

Moongold

Greetings,

I was interested in your comment on the Saturn transits. These have always been really important for me as well but I was not aware until I began to learn about such things.

Saturn is currently in my 6th House and I've had a difficult time health wise for the last few months. The 6th is to do with home, health, daily life and so on.

So I can very definitely support your experience of the importance of Saturn transits :). Things are getting better now.

I have some challenging Jupiter and Neptune aspects occurring as well but the GOOD NEWS is I have some really positive Uranus aspects happening. The Uranus energy balances out the Saturn drag at the moment (at least in my mind!)

It would be an interesting discussion in a cyber cafe to hear people's experiences and strategies for "being" in different aspects. Not here though :)

Cheers

perseph

Can anyone say something about Saturn conjunct Neptune in the fourth house which I have in my natal chart? I feel it says something about both my parents as I experienced them (mother saturn and father neptune).Apart from anything that can be said about that, I am wondering what it could mean in any other ways. Any thoughts would be appreciated.