Dark Carnival Deck

Penthasilia

I think I will buy two of her decks , the price is really nice for a custom pouch , deck and book. I wish she had pictures of the pouches so I can figure out what it is I am buying.

Pop her a PM. I am sure she would email you some photos. :) She was really responsive when I did. :D It is a very good price for a self-published deck!

VGimlet

Clowns really freak me out, but I like this deck enough so I'm even thinking about buying the 3rd edition.

It kind of speaks to the rebel side of me.

Tarot Orat

I think I will buy two of her decks , the price is really nice for a custom pouch , deck and book. I wish she had pictures of the pouches so I can figure out what it is I am buying.

I LURVE my pouches. They're black velvet with a drawstring, and the designs are painted with something that really does not come off with ordinary wear...I've been carrying a deck in my shoulder bag every day since October and the design's a little worn but not chipped or wrinkled or faded.

Here's a couple of pictures - one is from the facebook page, the other is one of mine (it's a custom design, I asked for the ladybugs).

She used to have a lot of pics of the bags on Etsy, I wish those were still up!

Attachments

• dcbag.JPG
    dcbag.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 145
  • dcbags.jpg
    dcbags.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 133

WhiteWolfy

Yay i just bought the 3rd edition and really don't mind which pouch i receive.

Loving the ladybugs Tarot Orat :D

Tarot Orat

Clowns really freak me out, but I like this deck enough so I'm even thinking about buying the 3rd edition.

It kind of speaks to the rebel side of me.

I am getting less freaked out by clowns from working with the deck, and I promise ther e aren't clowns on every card. I still jump back from certain cards when I draw them but I think a kick in the pants is good every now and then ;)

Elendil

The deck reads well. It is highly charged emotionally. It has a visceral impact on the reader (IMO) and it gives readings which are incisive and insightful. It's my deck of the week this week (selected before the furore of the polls erupted) and I have included my readings on my blog if anyone is interested...

Tarot Orat

The deck reads well. It is highly charged emotionally. It has a visceral impact on the reader (IMO) and it gives readings which are incisive and insightful. It's my deck of the week this week (selected before the furore of the polls erupted) and I have included my readings on my blog if anyone is interested...

I've been following your DOTW readings and I'm really enjoying seeing your insights and interpretations! I felt kind of lonely before. I've been reading it more intuitively and I appreciate how you're using the book and Internet research in your readings...I should probably start doing that too. I just find the images so arresting that I rarely look any farther!

Penthasilia

Great posts Elendil! I really like how you have read the cards both with the traditional ideas as well as the nuances that come from the art of the cards.

Make me look forward to receiving mine! :)

VGimlet

I have the 2nd edition, but haven't had a chance to read with it yet. The pouch is very awesome, too. I think it's a deck that will read very well. I know there aren't clowns on every card.

I don't think I'll ever be entirely comfortable with clowns, but that's a good thing, IMO, not a bad thing. Having a little edge of discomfort can make me look at familiar cards from a new angle.

Tarot Orat

The 3rd edition is so easy to read with! And wayyyyy easier to shuffle. I really think you'll enjoy working with it.

When I first got mine, it was so intense I literally couldn't look through all the cards in one sitting, the way I usually do when I get a new deck. I just started using it and it made such an impression....so accurate and no-holds-barred. For quite a while I LOVED it but didn't LIKE it, if that makes sense!