Looking for a book with deeper suit explanations

Freyja of V

You asked for it })

The Four Worlds and the Tree of Life
The Court Cards

I like to toot my own horn. :D

I am sorry, I haven't been able to read it all yet because I haven't been feeling well (migraines), but WOW!, I can't wait. I had no idea the Four Worlds were the Tetragrammaton. Coyoteblack mentioned Mary Greer's 21 Ways, and I went back to my notes and there is was: she had a table cross referenceing the suits with the name of God. I completely forgot about that. I look forward to reading your posts. I'll write back afterwards, I have a feeling I'll be bothering you with some questions; I hope you don't mind. Thank you for pointing me in this direction and taking the time to offer so much information to help those beginners like me. :livelong:

Yes, and it's all a labor or of love. From the day I started studying I was under a personal oath to never pander or pimp out the work for personal gain. You give up too much in bringing things to market and down to lowest common denominators. That lowers the bar for everybody.
I guess the biggest problem with giving things away in this economic environment is people thinking that if something has no price it has no value.

It definitely has value, much value so thank you again. :livelong:

Robert place has a great book o history divination and meanings. Also his method of reading in threes and using direction and reason for not using reversals was one of my bigger turning points. Also 21 way to read tarot by Mary k Greer will help you find meanings for your self

I have both and I forgot that 21 Ways does have a section on the suits themselves and it was really helpful. I am looking for a description of the suits and all they represent. I have many books on the card meanings, but for now I wanted to learn the suits in a deeper way. But thank you, :) because of you and Zephyros, I picked that book up again, which is an amazing book.

Thank you for all of your posts.
Freyja

coyoteblack

Glad to help, I love reading and generally want to find why a card has a meaning instead of just taking it for face value