Are tumblestones big enough for meditation?

ChelseaWaters

I'm about to make my first purchase of stones, and I'm planning to use them to carry with me around for their energies (eg., carnelian to help me with my writing job at work, labradorite for social anxiety, black tourmaline to stay grounded). I'm guessing 2mm~ tumblestones would work just fine for that but what about for meditating with the stones individually? Do you think they're too small or does it not really make any difference?

There are plenty of them that I want to get and the price could get expensive pretty quick for the larger tumblestones. What do you think?

Thank you!

Snowhunter

Try it out, see what works for you. I use various sizes of crystals depending on my mood, or the situation.

Shazia

I have recently been buying tumblestones as I want to start using crystals again, I bought rose quartz, amethyst & lapis lazuli in 20 to 25 mm sizes & I can fit a couple neatly in the palm of my hand, I like the feel of them & their a nice size to hold.

I then bought some Citrine in a 15mm size & found them way too small to use & was really disappointed.

But at the end of the day its what you feel comfortable with using & how you will use them, this is just my personal preference to use slightly bigger tumbles.

SarahJoy

2mm is TINY -- more like rock chips, not tumble stones.

You don't need large stones, but I personally wouldn't be comfortable with anything smaller than my thumbnail as a loose, polished stone.

Now, jewelry is another story. A simple bracelet of 2mm beads, while while to delicate for my personal style, could be effective as a focus to me.

ThtDancerGuy

I'm about to make my first purchase of stones, and I'm planning to use them to carry with me around for their energies (eg., carnelian to help me with my writing job at work, labradorite for social anxiety, black tourmaline to stay grounded). I'm guessing 2mm~ tumblestones would work just fine for that but what about for meditating with the stones individually? Do you think they're too small or does it not really make any difference?

There are plenty of them that I want to get and the price could get expensive pretty quick for the larger tumblestones. What do you think?

Thank you!

A stone is a stone is a stone – to an extent. Of course certain shapes of stones, like cabochons and spheres and eggs, etc., hold their own innate influences that blend with the innate energies of the stones to produce unique, specific effects. But as far as meditation with the stones goes and the size of the stone(s), it really doesn't matter, if you don't feel it does. Like I said, a stone is a stone is a stone, but if you feel that size does matter and you just don't feel connected to a smaller or a larger stone, then you should by all means listen to your intuitive feeling and go with what you feel will work best for you.
I know personally I prefer more medium-sized tumbled stones to work with because I could not do the pea-sized stones and be fine about it. lol But that's just me.