8 Pentacles adjectives

Barleywine

Knowing this really puts a card like the 8/Wands into perspective. It's not just speed, it's that the situation has gained limits (adjustments) that allow things to go super fast. Like, as per your bicycle, when the cyclist brings in arms, lowers the head, and gets into tight, racing position. It "limits" their freedom of movement, but in turn, allows for them to go much faster—and maintain control of the bike. :)

I had an eye-opening experience with the 8 of Wands in a public reading I did not long ago. In most decks the eight staves are all driving toward the same destination, in perfect formation. But I happened to be using the Connolly deck, in which the staves are flying all over the sky like someone is starting a game of "pick-up-sticks." It suggests "free-fall" more than "speed." I told my client the card looked ambivalent or "all up in the air" rather than accelerating toward a goal, an observation with which she readily agreed.

mysticangel_001

This is a card about trying to get consistency, efficiency and a steady profit. And remember that "limitation/adjustment" Barleywine and I are discussing. The person has likely decided that certain thoughts and feelings are not "profitable." They waste time, and achieve nothing. So they've decided to not indulge in those thoughts/feelings. They will, instead, try to keep to thoughts/feelings that speed them toward their goal.

Remember when your parents told you: "Throwing a temper tantrum and complaining about doing chores isn't getting them done and isn't getting you out of them..." That's the way this person sees thoughts and feelings. Mature, realistic, common sense.

In short, their thoughts/feelings are "just keep swimming." Because anything else: fear, anger, frustration, "she hates me!" even "she loves me!" is going to slow them down and maybe stop things from happening. They are not going to let thoughts/feelings run wild.

That makes a lot of sense. So it isn't so much about holding oneself back as finding a different perspective of what is happening.

Ace

One last word: Focus (or concentration)

Hard work, productive.
barb

Curious1

Minding one's own business. LOL!

Okay...that's not an adjective...how about
disciplined

snowmoon

8 of P
with combination, working magick,

mysticangel_001

Minding one's own business. LOL!

Okay...that's not an adjective...how about
disciplined

8 of P
with combination, working magick,

Thank you both/everyone. I am getting some good idea's for how to interpret this card. It is good to have some alternate ideas when I find myself stuck.