"Negative" cards that you like.

Stevie91

I quite like Death and The Tower. To me they indicate change and new situations; my biggest fear in life is boredom and stagnancy so I love it when these cards come up, though they often don't! They make me feel hopeful and restless xXx

Tea&Temperance

As someone raised in a strict Christian home, I'd say The Devil gives me comfort. It tells me it's okay to want things, to be my damned gay self because that's what being human is all about.

So much this. I like the Devil, Death, Moon. I would say I'm still working with the Tower and the Hanged Man - I can usually warm up to them after studying the situation though.

Honeysun

Death. This card symbolised my break up that happened a few months ago. It was painful and very difficult. But it had to be done because he was toxic. Now I feel happier than ever.

The Death is transformation, or replacing one thing with another. I replaced one source of happiness (my ex) with a better one. I've grown, learned a lesson and moved onto things that are truly important. I feel like I'm on top of the world, and there's no one to stop me anymore :)

LadyKathryn

Death. This card symbolised my break up that happened a few months ago. It was painful and very difficult. But it had to be done because he was toxic. Now I feel happier than ever.

The Death is transformation, or replacing one thing with another. I replaced one source of happiness (my ex) with a better one. I've grown, learned a lesson and moved onto things that are truly important. I feel like I'm on top of the world, and there's no one to stop me anymore :)

I like the 3 of swords- I see it as a call to know your heart, or speak from the heart. Usually infections are from wounds that start to heal improperly. And things need to be cut open and cleaned out for real healing to begin. So I don't see it as the heart break card so much as, you need to explore your heart, or have a heart to heart conversation.

DJP

Hey, I'm also a big Tower fan.

To me it speaks of the opening up of great potential through the dissolution of rigid structures. And comfortingly, if you look at the Marseille version, the card's two figures appear to be making a relatively soft landing (or are they floating?).

The multi-coloured circles in the background also give off the vibe of an altered/mystical state. A rare chance to catch a glimpse of a more fundamental and infinitely less rigid level of reality, a situation ripe for revelation and inspiration. There's definately magic in the air.

And don't forget, the Marseille version's title is The House of God.

nisaba

I don't really know what people consider negative cards.

The Devil tells you to make your own choices, bearing in mind there's always a price to pay. The Tower warns you that it's not going to be smooth sailing and gives you a chance to brace yourself. The Nine Swords tells you that your feelings are real and deserve attention and action. Death tells you to jump before you're pushed. And so on and so forth.

They're all pretty positive messages - they enable you to live a positive life instead of being overwhelmed.