I&#39m too close to this one...

Mojo

My best friend has asked me to do a reading for him, but I'm too close to the situation, so I don't trust myself to keep from entering my personal bias into the reading. So I thought I would post it for you guys to handle...

Here's the situation. He met someone new and they've struck up a pretty special friendship, but he thinks there may be more to it than just friends. My friend would like for it to turn romantic.

They've talked about the possibility, but the other guys says that he only wants to be friends. But my friend says he still gives him some mixed messages. Personally, I don't like the other guy, but I tend to be overprotective of my friends, so doing the reading is a tough one for me.

I did a CC as follows:

Cover: 7 Cups
Cross: 10 Wands
Basis: 2 Wands
Above: Wheel of Fortune (R)
Immediate Past: High Priestess (R)
Immediate Future: Tower (R)
How He Sees Himself: 7 Wands
How Others See Him: Page of Wands (R)
Hopes & Fears: 3 Wands
Outcome: 2 Swords (R)

Lots of Wands going on!

Alaya

Mojo,
I am sure you know the answer, as you are an experienced reader.
I am new, and I would like to take this opportunity to practice. Please correct me if I interpret wrong.

cover : 7 Cups
cross : 10 Wands
he's struggle to try to make his dream come true. But castles in the air.

Basis : 2 Wands
above : Wheel of Fortune ®.
His relationship has an unexpected turn. Like your friend thought he had no chance, but suddenly the other guy gave him a sign. He's happy in one moment and then lost in an other.

Immediate Past: High Priestess ®
Immediate Future: Tower ®
I think they already have an affair, but based on lies. Your friend really enjoys the physical enjoyment with the other guy. Your friend has been misguided by him. Also I guess that that other guy already has a relationship with someone else. You friend will be willing to compromise on that basis to keep a relationship going. I guess that guy will keep on seeing your friend in the near future (or maybe move in with him) .

How He Sees Himself: 7 Wands
Your friend thinks that in time he can win his love, and he needs more courage.

How Others See Him: Page of Wands ®
That guy will break your friend's heart eventually.

Hopes & Fears: 3 Wands
3 person in a relationship is too crowded

Outcome: 2 Swords ®
Finally your friend will wake up, and get out of this relationship with saddness. But I think it might take time for him to wake up, he might keep it going for a while.

Keep us informed of the progress.

destinyawaitsme

I think the readign shows that it is all wishful thinking..and while the other guy may be sending some signals, I think he needs to stay away. I'm getting that he'll persue it anyway and just end up disappointed. Sure he will learn in the end, but a little heartache will be involved.

MeeWah

Mojo: I can relate to your concern for a friend. The proliferation of Wands & reversed cards in both Majors & minors indicate a lack of balance & understanding.
1. 7-Cups: Your friend is idealistic. Not a bad attitude in itself but it colors how he is viewing the current relationship which may have influenced past relationships. May have a tendency to see what he wants to see where matters of the heart are concerned. He holds onto a dream & hope of "the relationship" (which is not bad either) & may thus be unrealistic in his expectations of this one.
2. 10-Wands: Despite the previous struggles he's had in maintaining personal relationships, he has not given up on his desire for the "perfect" one for him. He seems the sort of person who is willing to do everything in his power to maintain what he thinks a relationship is. As it is, he is making most if not all the effort in contributing to it.
3. 2-Wands: The relationship is apparently serving both individuals mutually in terms of companionship. For him, this acts as confirmation as to the validity or the potential as "a couple".
4. 10-Wheel of Fortune, reversed: There is a "BUT" here. What friend thinks is happening is not--it is a dead-end situation. The other person has no intentions of furthering anything; may have tried to communicate this but not effectively. Friend may already know this but is not ready to admit it.
5. 2-The High Priestess, reversed: Your friend is fairly intuitive in general; however, in this he is misled by his own deep-rooted desire for a meaningful relationship & possibly by the mixed signals by the other person who may enjoy the attention. Friend feels off-balance as he never really knows what to expect from the other person, who in his eyes seems to be saying one thing yet doing the opposite. Such as, the other person may tell him "I only want us to be friends" but does things that lead your friend to hope differently.
6. 16-The Tower, reversed: The friend may like to think he has the upper hand or control in the relationship; that he knows what he is doing & can do to further its cause. He is not really listening to what the other person is telling him nor is he examining the parameters of what is actually being shared--which will cost him.
7. 7-Wands: Friend is a highly motivated individual; may also enjoy being challenged. In other areas of life his perseverance produces results & he may be approaching this from the same angle--as in "faint heart ne'er won fair maiden"--in this case, the "fair knight".
8. Page-Wands, reversed: Friend is idealistic but lacks maturity. May be unable to discern reality from illusion & thus deceiving himself (with regard to self as well).
9. 3-Wands: Some outside intervention may be needed to enlighten him (such as through a reading, perhaps) or he may have to learn through the experience. Such as seeing the other person as a player before he will change his direction.
10. 2-Swords, reversed: Again, this seems to point to needing some guidance, possibly from am outside source other than self. &/or to a time when he will be ready to think clearly.

Mojo

MeeWah,

Thanks for that! It sounds like the exact same thing I've been telling him for months now. I'm printing this and going to read it to him at dinner tonight, but he's not going to believe that I didn't write this myself!

Alta

I would add just a couple of comments to MeeWah's... what you really see in this reading of the relationship is what clearly is NOT there... neither joy nor any kind of centeredness/ groudnedness show up...