Pathworking group for newbies....anybody interested?

Zephyros

Hi,
The tree as posted by Barleywine is the most commonly used one, so if everyone is okay with that, we'll use that one?

I think Zephyros was just making sure we'd thought about it as there are other trees less commonly used, but this tree is used mainly as it is the tree the GD used and so has more correspondences worked out than the less used ones.

I agree. Also, since the aim of the group would seem to be more about experiences and the personal journey I think it would be okay if someone used a different Tree or scheme. Some kind of general direction is good but I guess everyone sees individual things. In the unlikely event that someone uses a different Tree, they can say so when they share.

After a number of posts have accumulated and the group seems to be going, post an index thread and I'll make a sticky out of it for easy reference. I propose that each path/card have its own thread and that this thread here be reserved for administrative discussion about the group. If you open a thread for the Universe I'll move all relevant posts here over to it. I suggest a title that is numbered with the name of the study group and relevant card (like I did with the Book of Thoth study group). That way all the threads will be in a nice format and things will be organized.

Good luck everybody, I'm really excited about this. :)

La'al quiet fella

I agree. Also, since the aim of the group would seem to be more about experiences and the personal journey I think it would be okay if someone used a different Tree or scheme. Some kind of general direction is good but I guess everyone sees individual things. In the unlikely event that someone uses a different Tree, they can say so when they share.

After a number of posts have accumulated and the group seems to be going, post an index thread and I'll make a sticky out of it for easy reference. I propose that each path/card have its own thread and that this thread here be reserved for administrative discussion about the group. If you open a thread for the Universe I'll move all relevant posts here over to it. I suggest a title that is numbered with the name of the study group and relevant card (like I did with the Book of Thoth study group). That way all the threads will be in a nice format and things will be organized.

Good luck everybody, I'm really excited about this. :)

Thanks Zephryos,
If it is okay I will message you to try and understand what you are asking me to do?

I absolutely hoped this thread would be about shared experiences and learning from each other. I am keen to see what less experienced members of the group, including myself come up with.

elektrius

so excited to try this out myself, thanks for all the tips. i ordered a copy of "shining paths", waiting in anticipation [emoji41]

TarotRNJess

I haven't started as my son has been in the hospital, but one clarification would be greatly appreciated. It seems a few of you are using a Thoth deck. Will it be beneficial if I'm using a RWS, is that what was intended by the original deck question? Thanks for the input

La'al quiet fella

I haven't started as my son has been in the hospital, but one clarification would be greatly appreciated. It seems a few of you are using a Thoth deck. Will it be beneficial if I'm using a RWS, is that what was intended by the original deck question? Thanks for the input

I hope your son is okay. My daughter has had difficult times in hospital too.

It looks like we have a range of levels of experience in the group, which is brilliant, but the basic idea was to support each other in trying pathworking.....rather than only reading about it...

Any level of experience using any deck will add to the group...

personally I like the idea of people using different decks as it broadens the groups experience....

So I think the group would gain a lot by having you as part of the group using RWS.

Barleywine

It looks like we have a range of levels of experience in the group, which is brilliant, but the basic idea was to support each other in trying pathworking.....rather than only reading about it...

Should I change what I've been reporting to perhaps provide some more insights on how I've been approaching the "creative visualization" angle?

La'al quiet fella

Should I change what I've been reporting to perhaps provide some more insights on how I've been approaching the "creative visualization" angle?

Anything you can share about how you have approached the creative visualisation stuff would be great, but please don't stop with the other stuff, it is fascinating.

I only meant that I was hoping the group would focus on practically doing rather than only reading around the subject....I think your contributions have been excellent....

TarotRNJess

I hope your son is okay. My daughter has had difficult times in hospital too.

Any level of experience using any deck will add to the group...

personally I like the idea of people using different decks as it broadens the groups experience....

So I think the group would gain a lot by having you as part of the group using RWS.
Thank you, that was my original understanding but I wanted to make sure!

Barleywine

I hope to start working with the card itself in a couple of days. My understanding is that a clear perception of the starting Temple is important in case you get caught up in something unexpected on the path and need to "retreat."

A couple of suggestions for those trying this for the first time:

I'm not very good at seeing "waking visions," so I find that a black fabric mask of the type used to treat sleep disorders can be useful to block out exterior light and let the "projection screen" for the creative visualization take over. As close as you can get to absolute quiet is also advisable.

Having a "script" can help get things going. A description of the vision of the Temple is what I have, but eventually that will give way to the purely visual connection with the card imagery.

The temptation to "zone out" into a doze is always present. I go at it in the morning after coffee.

Reading mystical literature of a lyrical nature might help with the "mood." I personally like poetry such as Kubla Khan by Coleridge or the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. Crowley's "The Vision and the Voice" is also inspiring but pretty advanced stuff. Some of his poetry might be better.

La'al quiet fella

I hope to start working with the card itself in a couple of days. My understanding is that a clear perception of the starting Temple is important in case you get caught up in something unexpected on the path and need to "retreat."

A couple of suggestions for those trying this for the first time:

I'm not very good at seeing "waking visions," so I find that a black fabric mask of the type used to treat sleep disorders can be useful to block out exterior light and let the "projection screen" for the creative visualization take over. As close as you can get to absolute quiet is also advisable.

Having a "script" can help get things going. A description of the vision of the Temple is what I have, but eventually that will give way to the purely visual connection with the card imagery.

The temptation to "zone out" into a doze is always present. I go at it in the morning after coffee.

Reading mystical literature of a lyrical nature might help with the "mood." I personally like poetry such as Kubla Khan by Coleridge or the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. Crowley's "The Vision and the Voice" is also inspiring but pretty advanced stuff. Some of his poetry might be better.

Just wanted to say thank you for the advice. I will give your tips a go when I try again with the card. Thanks again