Non-scenic RWS pips (split from Impact pf PCS on the RWS deck)

ravenest

Here are two versions of the 3 of Cups. The two lower cups were the most obscured, so I fixed up the top cup and cloned it over the other two.

Same again! The first one worked really well and gave me 'certain insights' ... the second seemed 'all wrong' :) .

ravenest

Nice! I can't decide which I like better. Leaving the cups in the original position appeals to me a bit more, I think. Which do you favor?

I tried my hand at the Nine of Swords. I had to fix the bottom swords where the head overlapped, and I took the time to clone the grainy black background because painting over in flat black looked bad.

First response ; I dont like it 1/2 way ... either close those venetian blinds or open them !

This image really bought out what is wrong in the card design for me ; all the sword ends are chopped off by the border .... not my cup of tea at all.

ETA. This image has given me another insight ... but I better waite for a split thread (off from this split thread).

ravenest

Wow, these cards are so cool. I look forward to seeing a complete deck.

Could we get this material moved to a new topic?

:) We better ... it has turned into the exact opposite of the thread title :laugh:

Laura Borealis

Thanks for splitting it, Grigori.

Zephyros

Amazingly, I find the plain pips far more evocative than with the people. The stripped down Nine of Swords really fits the oppressive attitude of this card. The Three of Cups looks strange with the cups on the top, but I somehow prefer it that way. One could make a fine case of their placement being esoterically significant. The Seven of Wands is also highly suggestive.

I would add the attributions of the decans to the finished cards, but only because I was always bothered by the lack of them.

Babalon Jones

This is really cool. I like leaving the pip objects in the Original placement (like leaving the three cups elevated). Because these images are so familiar, this way they just serve as a mnemonic device. More evocative, as your mind fills in the background based on feeling tone.

Eremita90

Amazingly, I find the plain pips far more evocative than with the people.

This.

I think this is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a while. I truly hope somebody will create a deck like this. I am very satisfied with the BOTA minors, exactly because except with their number and the arrangement of the suit symbols, they don't evoke anything else, allowing me to focus on the attributions. But if someone published a good version of the RWS with unillustrated minors I would absolutely break my promise of not buying more decks.

I too agree that the Nine of Swords is even more menacing and evocative without the weeping figure.

prudence

These are really cool! I do hope one of you decides to do the full monty, I would for sure buy one if it was made for sale.

It's interesting in that without the people in the image, we can choose to either go "purely intuitive" or taking into consideration the attributions etc, or a healthy mix of both. A deck like this would suit so many different types of readers.

I agree that the 3 cups on top of the card just looks better, but I guess that is because I am so used to seeing them there, whether held up by 3 ladies or not.

Laura Borealis

I think I will do them all - the 2s through the 10s, that is. But I'm not sure about the copyright status.