Baba Studios Mythical Creatures Tarot

FLizarraga

Well, I think cardstock is very much a subject to personal preference. While I like the Pagan Otherworlds' art very much, I do not care for the cardstock. I prefer smooth and buttery cardstock like first edition of the Tarot of Prague or the Russian Victorian Romantic. I don't own the Mythical Creatures but the cardstock description on their website appeals to me.

So to each their own...

True. But I was actually referring to the fact that Uusi offers premium professional grade cardstock. Whether one likes it or not is a different story. I personally love the cardstock of the first edition of the BG, but it is unfortunately not very resilient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minhnguyen0691

Just received my deck today. This is actually my first deck acquired from Baba ( i normally collected LE classic deck only so their other decks don't really inspired me that much ). The only thing I have mix feeling about is the box, not because I don't like it my bc I move often so a big box might be a problem for packing. Most mass market decks today are laminated so I understand why people might complain about the cardstock, I'm actually very happy that the cards are not laminated. My only wish is that the cards have some kind of texture (like linen or cotton card), but if you ever print photo at home, you will see why they have chosen smooth card like that. While irregular texture is nice to touch, it creates huge problem for high resolution printing and you will loose detail, that's why linen card is more adapt for card visit (lots of color and little detail) than monochrome card like these. I remember paying 80 euro plus shipping for the Daniloff tarot lat year and the box is nowhere as nice as this one.