Which decks do you use in the winter?

Cocobird55

Jungian for starters. No idea what will come next.

Annabelle

I think I'm in the minority here . . . but I use the same decks all year around, and don't tend to make seasonal choices.

I change up the decorations in my home and office, though :thumbsup:.

rubyofjoy

I've just recently started seasonal use for my oracle tools. I use other tools too, so for winter, i am so looking forward to using Ogham staves. also Ceccilo Tarot, and perhaps Mary El. Winter to me is lovely time of year to do inner work. inner journeying. These two decks are wonderful for inner work. for me personally.

rylla

My decks are "all season" decks :). I don't chose based on the season but on the theme of the reading (except at Halloween and maybe Christmas). But if I were to use based on season I'd chose for winter bright colored and cheerful decks as winter can get depressive anyway or, as mentioned above, decks for inner work. So it would be the Sidhe, Prague and Chihuahua to cheer me up and a few others for inner work like Margarete Petersen.

But I can imagine the WU, Decadent Dream, Pagan Otherworlds, Prisma Vision and MRP decks - not quite seasonal decks but to fit with the long winter evenings.

Barleywine

I don't choose seasonal decks either, but I'm thinking that the Anna K conveys a nice balance of somber serenity and "celebration of life" that will serve me well this winter.

gregory

I don't even understand the idea of seasonal decks.... I shall carry on with my old and trusteds. (all zillions of them) - at the moment, Pagan Cats and Sweet Twilight are top of the list.

Aeric

I don't even understand the idea of seasonal decks....
Some people are emotionally impacted by the changing seasons and their associations. This can trickle into the multiplicity of Tarot decks as a way for a person to focus on a particular deck.

DaughterOfDanu

While I do take it out year around the Victorian Fairy Tarot reminds me a lot of Christmas and winter. It's got a lot of warm colors that make me feel like I'm enjoying a cozy night in front of a fire place when I read with it. I worked with it a lot during the holidays last year and I'm looking forward to doing the same again this year.

Gwynydd

It's now Spring here, but in Winter, I was using Anna K, Wildwood and Wild Unknown. I like to try to use seasonal decks because I'm on a pagan path, and doing this heightens my awareness of the season šŸ˜Š

Nickigirl

I don't use mine seasonally either but I like the exercise of going through them to see which feel 'wintery' or whatever. Ironically I think I picked Linestrider for both summer and winter when I've participated in these threads this year! lol