Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Says Goodbye

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Stormdancer 

Sobs a wee bit
Top   #221
Citizen

Linfang 

Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say goodbye. I hate goodbyes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.
Charles M. Schulz

Hope to meet you again, somewhere in the WWW. It was great being a part of the best community I've ever encountered, in the virtual or real world. Thank you all
Top   #222
Citizen

BlueDragonfly 

I'd better do this before the time slips away from me. It's not my last post, I'm at the farewell party, but......

My heart hurts, but is filled with such love and gratitude for having found ATF when I did and the wonderful experiences I've had here over the last 8 years.

I've learned.....so much more than tarot. I've laughed and cried and shared in a community that has no equal. I am humbled to have been a part of it.

May we meet again, my friends.
Top   #223
Citizen

Nemia 

I remember many years ago... I was an active-but-bashful member on tarot-l, I remember there was Wicce's website, Tarot Passages, Nina Lee Braden's Moonstruck... they all disappeared or changed, but AT was always there. It took me ages to register, and I regret now that I stayed in lurk mode for so many years. I have taken from this place so much.

Interactions with REAL authors and deck creators - amazing! Imagine meeting Mary Greer or Paraluman or Babalon Jones, asking them something and they answer! I have so much respect for the creative minds here on AT. It's another thing that made the place so special. Too many names to mention!

The excitement about decks we saw come to life here remains a dear memory, and only a few weeks ago - that magical group reading over 12 days, the Solstice reading - how wonderful was that. Getting up in the early morning to draw a card, add it to my template, think about it, write about it, see what others wrote... just beautiful. Thank you for that, Raven of Summer.

I didn't participate in too many readings - I always feel I'm not good enough as reader. I did some exchanges - a Karma reading with KatMoon remains in my memory. I had a brilliant reading from Zephyros the Wise, one that taught me much about possibilities of the Thoth.

I learned a lot of new spreads - Glass Owl and Barleywine and many others are so creative.

I laughed a lot in the TOADies thread, only to be enabled again :-) I swapped and traded and had some wonderful gifts.

I even met the only two other ATers in our corner of the world, feeling like conspirators :-) very good feeling!

Lots of memories. I saw a lot of sites disappear and said, oh well, that's sad. And I disappeared from some who used to be important to me (my obsessions come and go). And I said again, oh well, they can continue without me, I'm through with the topic.

I'll be here until the site disappears. It seems I won't be through with the topic tarot for some time, and AT somehow is different from other sites. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way.

So thank you to all of you - to Solandia, to the mods, to the whole universe that was AT.
Top   #224
Citizen

CharlotteK 

I keep wanting to say a final goodbye, but I can't bring myself to log off permanently. I feel a bit like my four-year old who keeps asking to see Freddie the cat, even though we laid him to rest in the garden a few months ago It's so sad. I can't quite believe it is happening. But it is happening, and life will go on. Life has definitely been all the richer these last couple of years thanks to AT, so THANK YOU to everyone that has made all this possible. Especially Solandia and the erstwhile Mods, but really everyone that took part and contributed deeply of themselves. Anyway, I'm off to make a pot of tea and put little one to bed and if this place is still here later I may post. And if it isn't then that's that. It's done. It ended well x
Top   #225
Citizen

Puppet Master 

As I sit here in these final hours and last night as well I can't help but feel a tinge of sorrow at seeing something else I felt an attachment to reaching it's inevintble end but thats not such a bad thing. I'm so detached in general from things, people, etc that when something hits hard it's important.

I still remember going to Borders and getting my first deck I believe it was actually my moms birthday (lol) and just looking at all the different decks with very few standing out. It was between two but the Archeon won out in the end something internal told me "this is the one" and I've learned to trust my instincts in life due to various experiences good and bad but it's been important. I tried various others after buying it and initially used them instead but somehow I ended up back at the beginning over and over again and like the Fool I just continued on.

I remember my family thought I was nuts and one member in particular told me I was going to "summon evil spirits" which is still funny to me.

It's always been an overall comfortable place for me which is really rare whether online or in real life I tend to feel out of place and even if I felt normal in a place it eventually turned to being out of place but this was different. I honestly think being here may have contributed to my own spiritual path as well.

I guess this place too will become like my kitten Tsuki (may she RIP) was and for the same reason. It may not always be visible in the future but it will always be there just like the moon.

Hopefully I'll see most elsewhere though I intend to be doing it under the name Tsukiyomi instead. I prefer to think of this not so much as goodbye as see you later.
Top   #226
Citizen

VioletEye 

thank you, aeclectic tarot, for being a safe harbor in a storm.

thanks to you, solandia, for creating this arena, and thanks to all of the members here who have been so welcoming and given me so much area to talk about this stuff. it's pretty rare to find a community of like-minded peeps, and it was up to us to keep it that way. kudos! well done!

farewell, AT
Top   #227
Citizen

Miss Divine 
Saying Bye Bye!!

It sure has been an interesting journey. I joined here divorced with 2 young children. Finding my way again in life.. Rediscovering my spirituality, is how I found this wonderful community. Going through all my trials and tribulations throughout the years, I always found comfort and solace in these purple pages.
I've met some lovely and interesting people here. I have learned so much from all of you. I sure will miss visiting here. But I will treasure the memories forever.

Thank you Solandia, thank you Mods, and thank you to all the beautiful souls I got to know here.
Love ya all!!

Top   #228
Resident

Ix Chel 

Thanks for all the Tarot wisdom, and the love for Tarot.
Top   #229
Citizen

LavenderLibra 

Checking back in, for the last time, on my work break. I believe we have 30 minutes? I guess I keep hoping there will be a eleventh hour stay of execution, so to speak.

I hope to see all you wonderful people on one of the other forums, or Facebook.

Blessings!
**~LL~**
Top   #230

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.