Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

A2 pub

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

Stormdancer 

Top   #171
Citizen

emmsma 

Congrats Jo!

Need to get the boy to bed. Its very late for him.
Top   #172
Citizen

baylys 

Yay for Jo and the team. WELL DONE IRISH!!!
Top   #173
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Just read back over the whole of the thread - yay for ND! (And I don't watch English football, let alone American) but I got caught up in the thread there

And I love savoury pies. Not so much sweet - and couldn't face one of those chocolate pies - really, just too much overwhelming sweet ickiness. But I like sweet pies with a real tang and strong flavour. If they're cold though, I have to warm them up.

But himself does savoury pies with no crust at the sides or bottom - just an ultra thin crust on the top so that I can have a little bit. (He runs a thin circle of crust around the edge of the pie dish, wets that a little and attaches the topping crust to it to keep it in place). I love those!!!
Top   #174
Citizen

jcwirish 

Hi Wendy. When I was in New Zealand, I had delicious meat pies and sausage rolls. We don't eat them here really, so I decided to make my own one time. I followed what was supposed to be an authentic English recipe. They were so good, but very greasy. I think I made some sort of mistake. The recipe called for putting the sausage into the pastry dough and then baking it, but by doing it that way, all the grease from the sausage went right into the dough. I bought the type of sausage they told me to buy. Oh well, they were very yummy even if they clogged my arteries.

You might like my chocolate pie. It's not icky sweet. I know just what your talking about with them. I never get chocolate pie in restaurants because they are so very sweet and rich. Mine is more a semi sweet taste.

How are you today? Any fun creative projects in the plans?
Top   #175
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Yes! I have bought some plastic canvas and intend to try my hand at a box with lid today. I have lots of spare tapestry wools to do the needlepoint over the outsides, and the results should be fun and useful . Then later it's back to the balloons.

I have noticed that himself reacts rather badly when I spend ages doing the dollyhousing, so I'm giving it a couple of weeks break so that he is forced to spend rather too much time with me clogging up the sitting room. Pretty soon he'll be pushing me back into the craft room . Which I'm quite looking forward to, but in the meantime I might as well be productive and have fun too.
Top   #176
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Yes! I have bought some plastic canvas and intend to try my hand at a box with lid today. I have lots of spare tapestry wools to do the needlepoint over the outsides, and the results should be fun and useful . Then later it's back to the balloons.

I have noticed that himself reacts rather badly when I spend ages doing the dollyhousing, so I'm giving it a couple of weeks break so that he is forced to spend rather too much time with me clogging up the sitting room. Pretty soon he'll be pushing me back into the craft room . Which I'm quite looking forward to, but in the meantime I might as well be productive and have fun too.
You are a good wife. It's so hard for me to stop when I'm in that crafty mode. It's nice that you work on spending more time with him. right now it seems that Kirk gets home from work exhausted and hungry. I feed him and send him off to bed. One day he may retire and I'll have to figure out how to be around him all day. I hope I have your patience. Our big dream is to buy an Airstream and travel around the country. That's a lot of time in small spaces with one other person.

Your box sounds great! You will post pics when it's done right?
Top   #177
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

It's here - how to make the box -

http://blog.makezine.com/craft/make_...fty_storage_b/

The plastic canvas is something kids could work with easily; no frame needed, lovely blunt needle, nice thick yarn. And it comes as 10 mesh or bigger, which is easy to use. And lots of sites have patterns for very small, easily made christmas decorations for the tree and whatnot.
Top   #178
Citizen

jcwirish 

Are you going to create your own pattern for the box lid?
Top   #179
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
It's here - how to make the box -

http://blog.makezine.com/craft/make_...fty_storage_b/

The plastic canvas is something kids could work with easily; no frame needed, lovely blunt needle, nice thick yarn. And it comes as 10 mesh or bigger, which is easy to use. And lots of sites have patterns for very small, easily made christmas decorations for the tree and whatnot.
Oh, perfect! You answered my question. That looks fun and pretty easy. You'll probably have it done fairly quickly.
Top   #180

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.