Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

A2 pub

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

jcwirish 

I'm trying to decide which Wentworth wooden puzzle to get Ryan for Christmas. I found one I liked but it was only a 40 piece puzzle. We need a 250 piece to make it a challenge. Any more pieces than that and it gets way too expensive.
Top   #181
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Well there have been times when our marriage teetered on the brink of ending, but neither of us want that so we do try hard to keep things good. He gave up a lot to be with me; he moved down from Scotland and all the friends of many years and the only people he knew down here were me and his parents. He doesn't work outside the house, and so I know that except for a few people he talks to up and down the road he has very little companionship. Kinda behoves me to make an effort .

And really, he does so much for me - he does all the shopping, cooking, laundry, household repairs etc. - and in his way he tries very hard. But he's - um - a Knight/King of Pentacles - to the core - so hardly the dynamic type. But I do love him, very much, and that makes it easy to want to keep things sweet
Top   #182
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
I'm trying to decide which Wentworth wooden puzzle to get Ryan for Christmas. I found one I liked but it was only a 40 piece puzzle. We need a 250 piece to make it a challenge. Any more pieces than that and it gets way too expensive.
I love the sound of those puzzles! Wooden anything is always wonderful. We have The Wooden Toy Shop in town, and they make all sorts of wooden toys in their workshop. Very popular shop because the old toys have such lasting appeal.

I also like the picture cubes that make six different pictures depending on how you put them together. Imagine if they did great big ones of those
Top   #183
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Well there have been times when our marriage teetered on the brink of ending, but neither of us want that so we do try hard to keep things good. He gave up a lot to be with me; he moved down from Scotland and all the friends of many years and the only people he knew down here were me and his parents. He doesn't work outside the house, and so I know that except for a few people he talks to up and down the road he has very little companionship. Kinda behoves me to make an effort .

And really, he does so much for me - he does all the shopping, cooking, laundry, household repairs etc. - and in his way he tries very hard. But he's - um - a Knight/King of Pentacles - to the core - so hardly the dynamic type. But I do love him, very much, and that makes it easy to want to keep things sweet
Yeah, we go through rough patches every now and then, but we do love each other a lot too. I know it's hard for Kirk to work so much, so I just try to keep him fed and rested at the moment. I don't mind spending time on my own, and I always have Ryan to keep me busy. I know too many people who aren't married to very nice people, and are so miserable. It's very lucky to be with someone who is truly a friend. The hard part for us is that we have completely different clocks. He loves to get up with the sun, and I'm a late-nighter. We're going to have to meet in the middle somewhere when he's no longer working.

Here's the puzzle I really like, but it may be too girlie for Ryan. I'm not sure because he does really like fantasy stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Wentworth-Wood...tworth+puzzles
Top   #184
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
I love the sound of those puzzles! Wooden anything is always wonderful. We have The Wooden Toy Shop in town, and they make all sorts of wooden toys in their workshop. Very popular shop because the old toys have such lasting appeal.

I also like the picture cubes that make six different pictures depending on how you put them together. Imagine if they did great big ones of those
We have a couple of those three dimensional puzzles made of plastic. We have a green apple and a red apple and a crystal (looking) skull. They are so neat, but a bit too hard for Ry. He loves the Wentworth puzzles because they cut many of the pieces in fun shapes. The one we just did had many pieces cut into animal shapes, and he had so much fun finding all the animals in the box. It added so much to the puzzle experience. I think these Wentworth puzzles are made in Scotland, so you probably have more access than I do, but I have found a bunch on Amazon.

That shop sounds lovely. We had one like that in Santa Cruz. It was small, but so wonderful. Unfortunately it closed a few years ago. Shops like that are harder and harder to find.
Top   #185
Citizen

TomTom 

Hi just reading through the posts. I'm really tired and even though I would like to hang around, I have to go to bed. It's 2 am.

Caught some dry weather to go with doggy. The trail was full of leaves and my boots stayed clean. The creek is overflowing and the rushing water is very loud. We took the stairs down to the creek and the wet wood was very slippery.
The beer garden is almost reached by the water. Brigid was very excited by the sound of the water, scooting around like crazy. She only was in the creek up to her belly as the current was strong. Good though bec. getting totally wet wouldn't be good bec. it isn't exactly warm and there is still the way back to the car.

I will most likely sleep in and so what, it's Sunday.

Good night
Top   #186
Citizen

EllieP 

How old's Ryan? Otherwise the fairy bit might kill it off - but it's a fantastic puzzle and I might treat myself!! Reef Life looks good too. Should be some interesting whumsies in there too.

Wu - ditto here. We're best friends - with differences of worldview We choose to keep things okay and are getting so much better at it. It's me wot compromises most though because I'm not brave enough to stick up for myself too often. I do it much more now. We have a day out each month and this month is on Monday to Edinburgh. It works well. We also save the world in our own way each lunch and dinner over coffee (Angry Birds and the cryptic).

Hello btw.
Top   #187
Citizen

EllieP 

The plastic box is now bookmarked. Brilliant. I've only had the plastic circles before which we've done with youth groups. That works well too. BUt making boxes with fabric inserts is just tops.
Top   #188
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
YHere's the puzzle I really like, but it may be too girlie for Ryan. I'm not sure because he does really like fantasy stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Wentworth-Wood...tworth+puzzles
It's too pretty and girly for me .... does he like pretty fantasy, or awesome fantasy? Y'know, fantasy dragons and castles etc.
Top   #189
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
The plastic box is now bookmarked. Brilliant. I've only had the plastic circles before which we've done with youth groups. That works well too. BUt making boxes with fabric inserts is just tops.
There are a lot of free downloadable plastic canvas patterns on the net

Oh, and here is cheap in this country for on-line supplies (they do loads of tap/cross stitch supplies).

http://www.willowfabrics.com/acatalo...ic_Canvas.html
Top   #190

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.