Storing decks in bags

3Jane

Special snowflake: mixed, up to a box in a bag in a box ;)

Mostly it's boxes in a box. I leave decks in their boxes and those that I'm not using right now I store in a large box (as a stack of boxes).

I use bags only when I take a deck out of the house, to protect the deck box from scuffing and also to hold the reading cloth. I have two bags for that purpose. (So then, it's a box in a bag).

There's a third bag that I crocheted specifically for my Thoth deck. Since the deck is small, the bag doesn't fit any other deck and so it's a dedicated bag (with a dedicated reading cloth). This is the box in a bag in a box case - I rarely use this deck now so it mostly stays in storage.

I have a separate box for Motherpeace which holds the deck in a box, my other reading cloth and "Motherpeace Tarot Guidebook" by Karen Vogel (because the book is small). This is my go-to reading deck.

Finally, I have two decks on my altar which I'm getting to know now (The Art of Kundalini inspirational cards and the Wild Unknown tarot). The inspirational cards are in a tuck box and I'm worried about it getting damaged when I constantly open and close it, so I keep it open and I'm thinking of making a small bag.

herself

I'm loving everyone's descriptions of how they store their decks! Nemia, your setup sounds lovely! And I'm intrigued about how a box becomes a bubble pendant...

BodhiSeed

I keep my decks in boxes and bags. Those that come in those oversize boxes, I cut down to a deck-size box. Others that don't come with a box (or a box I can cut down), I make a box using those white gift boxes like you might wrap a shirt in. I buy and make (when time allows) my bags, but I try to match the bag with the theme or coloring of the deck. As you can see from my crowded bookshelf, the different patterns are helpful when I sort out which deck is which!:laugh:

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 54
  • decks.jpg
    decks.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 52

Aranel

My favourites are in bags (no box). Also ones that come in large boxes are in bags* or the decks like the Legacy of the Divine which come with the white box inside, they go on those and the boxes are labelled. Ones that come in the small boxes stay in those.

My Gilded Reverie Lenormand has just arrived and the box is so pretty that I think I might keep them in the box and then in a bag.

* I'm kicking myself this week. I have the Green Man Tree Oracle (from my googling I believe it's OOP) that came in a set with the book and a green man plaque. I had them all in the box in a drawer for years until a few months ago when I needed to make room in my drawers and so put the cards into a bag and binned the box.