New Alice Tarot Deck from Baba Studios!!!

Blithildis

My deck is here!!! :heart:

Blithildis

Oh dear, I posted, went straight to bed and then to work all day. Thank you for your kind words MoonGypsy! The deck is very colourful, the carefully placed multicolored foil on each card adds to the slightly psychedelic experience and makes the deck look very lush. For me its the Tim Burton kind of Alice, gay and playful and quirky.

Cards and box are of the same size as my other baba decks, matching beautifully with my collection. The cardstock has right the appropriate thickness, it's matt and shuffels as well as the other baba decks.

Now I need to get a feel how it reads and speaks to me.

I guess most cards are already known from baba's page or does anyone want me to post piccies?

LavenderLibra

It will be a while until I get mine, here in the U.S. I have kept second guessing myself, that I should have ordered the LE, when I saw the beautiful box. By the time that was announced, I was already committed to the other deck and paying on that. I wish all the choices had been available at the same time. I had never used any of my points, and used them to get matching bags, so that helped a lot!

teawoman

Blithildis, I'm so envious! Mine will no doubt be a while yet, crossing the ocean to Canada.
I'm glad you like it - enjoy!

Blithildis

Thanks dear! But babas decks use to travel fast, you might have yours sooner then you could hope for :heart:

Hedera

I've just unwrapped mine!

First impressions: cardstock, colours and images are gorgeous.
I am not completely sure I am sold on the foil effect though; in some places it looks like glitter, which is sort of nice, but in others it looks very pixellated or a bit pasted on (and then it gets in the way of the actual image).

I think I sort of wish for a non-foiled edition later on...

But, in general, it is a sumptuous deck that will also be very readable!

The Happy Squirrel

Does the Limited Edition has a different back compared to the Standard Ed.....?
I saw that the LE has the rabbit on the back, and the standard ed does not?
Not sure.

MoonGypsy

Thanks so much for the descriptions of your first impressions, Blithildis and Hedera!

i am really getting extra excited now! Haven't received my shipping notice, yet--
but i am in "watch my inbox"mode for the arrival of that coveted email.;)

Hedera

The more I look at the cards, the more I am loving them!

There is something very strange and not quite real-feeling about finally having a deck in hand that you've been anticipating for five years (or longer really, because I've been longing for a good Alice deck since before they started work on it).

I love the colours; very rich and saturated, lots of green. The fact that there is quite a lot of landscape / plants etc incorporated in them is great, too.
And I adore the way the image often breaks through the (very narrow and off-white) borders! Very fitting for the deck, and it's a great effect.

The back is beautiful; very unlike the front, but in a way that fits as well; it feels more like something to keep the deck inside of than part of the deck itself, if that makes sense.

I've started reading the book as well. I love how Karen has delved deeply into all things Alice and the spreads are wonderful (short and very versatile).

Found a bit of a mistake already though, unfortunately; in a sample reading on page 23 she talks about the 2 of Swords - but the card printed on the page before, which shows the reading, has the 6 of Swords instead.
(sorry, my proofreader-roots are showing....)

I love sample readings though, and the ones in the book are excellent.

I think it's a great all-year-round deck, but it feels very apt for this late-summerish time of year!