Mundane astrology - Australia's chart

ncefafn

There are two charts out there representing Australia, and I'm wondering which ones the Australian astrologers -- ha! that's fun to say -- prefer. There's one which is based on the settlement of Australia, with Sun in Aquarius, and another based on the establishment of the federation of Australia, with Sun in Capricorn.

The link to the two different charts is here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/australia.php

ravenest

neither

I'm sorry but I fail to see what use they have, they mark a date for white invasion and further related disasterous beaurocracy.

The date marking 'the settlement' of Australia could be cast back, at least, another 40,000.

These dates are not the begining of Australia, the founding of Austalia or anything. I would not use either of them but rather access the ancient stella traditions of this place to get an insight on what is going on here. These traditions are, after all, the most ancient still extant in the world today.

Settlment of Australia? PLEASE !

SarahRacheal

ravenest said:
I'm sorry but I fail to see what use they have, they mark a date for white invasion and further related disasterous beaurocracy.

Just a thought and I am new to this so please don't take offence if I say something stupid here.
I was thinking could these charts be helpful in understanding where the "disastrous beaurocracy" is coming from, its weak points and its possible strengths? for example in a tarot reading I could pull life, soul, teacher etc cards to do a reading on what was guiding a person, their drives etc.

Sarah

dadsnook2000

Yes

An obvious good observation. Dave

le.jour.obscurcit

SarahRacheal said:
Just a thought and I am new to this so please don't take offence if I say something stupid here.
I was thinking could these charts be helpful in understanding where the "disastrous beaurocracy" is coming from, its weak points and its possible strengths? for example in a tarot reading I could pull life, soul, teacher etc cards to do a reading on what was guiding a person, their drives etc.

Sarah

Yes, I do see how that could be relevant.

Minderwiz

Mundane Astrology is one of the most difficult areas of Astrology, or rather horoscopic Astrology. What we are trying to do is to produce a special kind of Event Chart, - the event being a very significant political change (whether you agree with that change or not).

Ravenest is quite right, neither of these charts is a 'natal' chart for the settlement of Australia, but they might be seen as such a significant political event, in the same way that attempts to set up a Mundane chart for the USA or the UK, does not in anyway indicate that what went before is insignificant or unimportant. Indeed for a state such as the UK, there may be several useful charts as the current political entity only dates back to 1922.

In that context, Sarah's point is clearly a very good one - we might well learn more about the nature of the current political arrangements and its operations by examining such a chart. Whether either of these two is the best one to use for that purpose, I will leave to Australian Astrologers.

ravenest

SarahRacheal said:

Sarah

No offence taken and I dont consider it stupid. I do take offense at people constantly claiming a settlment date for Australia, that is actually a white invasion date. That's what it is and yes one could use that chart as a type of natal chart to examine the invasion but NOT the settlement.

ravenest

Minderwiz said:
Whether either of these two is the best one to use for that purpose, I will leave to Australian Astrologers.

I suppose one could use the first as a type of natal chart to examine the begining of terrible things the whites did to the blacks and the second as a type of natal chart to examine the terrible things the whites did to each other. ;)