The Wild Unknown Tarot

Calcifer

Duh. I forgot... you'll probably totally love the deck, there's nothing else even remotely like it out there. And Lark, that was a great little synopsis you wrote there :)
Michael

lark

Duh. I forgot... you'll probably totally love the deck, there's nothing else even remotely like it out there. And Lark, that was a great little synopsis you wrote there :)
Michael
Thank you Michael..:)

Sulis

I don't have the book since I don't generally bother with books that go with decks.. As far as I'm concerned, the deck itself is a book with 78 pages and with this deck, for me at least, it's all in there, no need for any explanations..

Whether you get the book or not, I would suggest taking a look at the study group here though; it's a complete study group (all of the cards have threads discussing them), so has it's own forum and is jam packed full of wonderful insights from members here who love the deck.
Here's a link to the index thread: Wild Unknown Tarot study group index thread.

Pixna

I second Sulis's suggestion to take a look at the study group. I've found it endlessly helpful and enlightening!

Marirowana

I second Sulis's suggestion to take a look at the study group. I've found it endlessly helpful and enlightening!

Same here! I have the book, but the study group is of so much more use! In the book, there's a short one-page general explanation of the card. On the forum, there is an in-depth discussion on the symbolism, every little detail has been given a meaning there.

I use the book too, though :) Kim's writings are so nice and clear.

(Impressive by the way, 700 posts in this thread about the deck :) )

Kissa

Yep, the Study Group is brilliant.
I don't have the book, I don't plan on getting it even if I am very fond of Kim's style.

To everybody out there, if this deck is calling you, just give in :)

Kissa

herself

Wow, the study group looks really impressive!

And so complete ! :D

flipperjane

Waiting for this deck to arrive. I'm wondering if I should have bothered with the book but it's done now. Will whiz over to the study forum when it arrives. :D

Calcifer

As far as insights into the imagery of the deck, the study group is hands down the best resource available... you won't be disappointed - but with the book you might be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the book immensely, but it isn't anything but entertaining. A LOT of thought has gone into some of the observations in the study group and there are some extremely enlightening posts there. A great deal of the content there is things I either hadn't noticed, not picked up on, or just never even considered... it has helped me a lot (not that you can't just pickup the deck and "go").

When you get your backup copy of the deck (I'll bet you do), you can get the book then...lol.
Michael

Pixna

As far as insights into the imagery of the deck, the study group is hands down the best resource available... you won't be disappointed - but with the book you might be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the book immensely, but it isn't anything but entertaining. A LOT of thought has gone into some of the observations in the study group and there are some extremely enlightening posts there. A great deal of the content there is things I either hadn't noticed, not picked up on, or just never even considered... it has helped me a lot (not that you can't just pickup the deck and "go").

When you get your backup copy of the deck (I'll bet you do), you can get the book then...lol.
Michael

Haha! Don't even ask how many "backup copies" of the deck I have! :D

I'd love it if there were a book of all the commentaries in the study forum. That would make it so easy to refer to!