Silver Witchcraft Tarot

Twize

Anyone who knows if there's any differences between these decks?
Seems like Llewellyn have one version and Lo Scarabeo another when looking at the boxes.

Le Fanu

I assumed that there was no fuss because it hadn't reached North America yet and was only starting to trickle into shops in Europe so not many people had it.

Yes, luscious, that's the word. it also has a very appealing minimalism - see the Fool or Death - both very beautiful and very original cards. It has a sleekness I can't put into words very well. Normally I like very decorative decks but this one feels very minimalist and evocative, relying on atmospheres, which I like. I don't really like the Devil and Judgement cards but the rest feel very consistent. That's my problem with the Chrysalis to be honest - which I keep trying with (but if you have to keep trying, you know something's wrong) - it just feels all over the place; Kali and Ariadne and Merlin and Lady of Shallot and Buddha. I feel that the Silver Witchcraft deck has a very firm and solid theme which it sticks to. I find myself thinking how beautiful and professional it would look on a reading table (I know I probably shouldn't think like that, but it's something that comes to mind).

Anyone who knows if there's any differences between these decks?
Seems like Llewellyn have one version and Lo Scarabeo another when looking at the boxes.
No - it's always like that - Llewellyn's the distributor in the US. Same deck.

ravynangel

I assumed that there was no fuss because it hadn't reached North America yet and was only starting to trickle into shops in Europe so not many people had it.

Yes, luscious, that's the word. it also has a very appealing minimalism - see the Fool or Death - both very beautiful and very original cards. It has a sleekness I can't put into words very well. Normally I like very decorative decks but this one feels very minimalist and evocative, relying on atmospheres, which I like. I don't really like the Devil and Judgement cards but the rest feel very consistent. That's my problem with the Chrysalis to be honest - which I keep trying with (but if you have to keep trying, you know something's wrong) - it just feels all over the place; Kali and Ariadne and Merlin and Lady of Shallot and Buddha. I feel that the Silver Witchcraft deck has a very firm and solid theme which it sticks to. I find myself thinking how beautiful and professional it would look on a reading table (I know I probably shouldn't think like that, but it's something that comes to mind).

deleted :)

Le Fanu

Yes, the Ace of Chalices really is one of the most beautiful Ace of Chalices/Cups I've ever seen, and yet it's so simple.

I also love the cats reappearing n the wands suit and the cobwebs in the Pentacles cards. After all I've said about the courts, the Knight of Wands is a great card too. I love how the Empress & Emperor lock together - reminds me of the Lord and Lady cards in Lenormand facing each other!

What I find odd is trying to place the landscape - it isn't that normally idealised English landscape that Witchy/Wicca decks often draw upon. It doesn't really seem particularly European. Is it more American? I wonder if it is deliberately a more universal sort of nowhere-land. I don't know whether it's because I'm on holiday and I have the luxury of devoting time to this deck, but I find I want to go deeper into it.

I like this cardstock but thousands won't ;)

Linfang

Could someone be so kind as to post a link to the book and cards kit on either BookDepository or Amazon. There are so many options and a imam not sure I will order the correct one.

Thanks

Le Fanu

I reckon it's this one.

For three reasons;

It's the most expensive one so that would make sense.

The isbn is different from my deck-only copy

It says 160 pages in the description.

(There is of course the picture but I'm always skeptical about that)

ETA; Oh and it says "kit" in the description!

If ravynangel has the kit maybe she could chip in and check the isbn on the kit box.

Miss Divine

I ordered the kit several days ago. It looks simple, but beautiful. I was getting along fine with Chrysalis but it's ended up in a drawer now. As a reading deck it's very limited for me. I was never a fan of Lo Scarabeo decks because of the borders. The fact that this is borderless enabled me to purchase it and I am also glad it got mentioned that the cardstock is thicker. Will post here when mine arrives...