WHICH deck would you replace FIRST?

greatdane

If, by some catastrophe, ALL your decks were gone, which deck would you feel the need to replace FIRST? You don't have to pick just one deck to replace, obviously you may wish to replace them all, but WHICH would you WANT to replace FIRST?

Mine would be the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative, followed closely by my Anna.K. Those would be my first two. I would want to replace the other decks I have as well, but those two would make me feel better having them back.

So, SENTIMENTALLY, which would be your deck, ok, you can pick two :), that you would feel the need to replace ASAP?

Sasmi

Druidcraft, my first deck and the reason I fell in love with tarot. Then Gilded, my everyday reading deck.

greatdane

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, Sasmi!

You get exactly what I mean about no replacing the most expensive (unless that is your emotional or working favorite), but one's close to your heart, ones you may use most.

But even though I really enjoy all my tarot decks, and I don't have a ton, THE TWO I listed would have to be first, but yes, the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative is the one closest to me and the one I do most of my readings with, then the Anna. K a close second. There are some decks that are like part of us, and those two are the ones that if I could only ever get two back, it would be those two.

Cocobird55

My Victorian Romantic.

ctrymaus

My beloved Hanson-Roberts, and then the Victorian Fairy Tarot (because it helps me feel calm, even just shuffling it).

And then *so many* others after that! *knock on wood!* nothing would happen to any of them!

CountryMouse

FLizarraga

The first ones that come to mind are the Visconti Sforza (any edition) and Kat Black's Golden. Then probably the Thoth and the RWS, any edition.

I know, I'm sort of cheating, but those are the basics for me. Everything else is icing on the cake. I'm not a collector, so I don't care about getting pricey first editions and locking them away, just working decks.

Sar

Vanessa Tarot and Whimsical Tarot.

NadaJ

This is a great question! I would immediately get a new Morgan Greer deck. This is my go to deck; I carry it with me everywhere I go, it would have to be replaced. Next in line would be my Anna.K deck.

Thoughtful

Love all my decks! but if l were to chose one it would have to be my old and trusted 1JJ Swiss which l have had a very long time. If the worst happened l would feel bereft without it.

greatdane

BEREFT...GREAT word, Thoughtful!

Yes, that is what I meant when I started the thread. A deck or decks we would feel the loss for most. I wouldn't want to get rid of ANY of the tarot decks I have, but some are closer to my heart than others.