Soul Card Study Group

Elnor

Hello, everyone-
I'm seeing if there is any interest in starting up a Soul Cards study group-
I will start a new thread in a couple of days, so if anyone is interested, please join in!

I only recently got these cards, and would really like to spend some time studying them in-depth... it would be great to work along with others who are exploring them, too.

Blessings!
elnor

Elnor

I had a friend come to me for a reading last week- and it turned out to be quite an unusual one... she was really wanting to explore some serious spiritual issues, so after looking at all the various options using the trusty RWS, I decided to get out these cards. First time I'd tried them with anyone else, and I told her this.

I spread them out, face up... told her to choose three that she felt spoke to her, but to do it without thinking too much about it- just to go with gut instinct.

We both then sat and stared at them- the cards were so 'in your face' with the solution to where the source of the problem was, that it was quite unnerving...

SO- even though there has been absolutely NO response to this study group, I am going to try and persevere with it... there have been quite a few views of the threads, which make me think that people are at least curious enough to have a look!

I think these cards are very powerful- they make me uncomfortable, they make me think, and they make me search within myself as to why certain images draw me, while others repel.

I'm going to start a thread this week for the first card on the Soul Cards website... I do hope that others will join in with comments or insights; but even if not, I am going to attempt to delve into these cards a bit deeper.

I do feel they have the ability to give some powerful readings, once I find the courage to use them more often!

elnor

FMTarotstudy

Hello Elnor,

Thank you for taking the brave step of investigating these cards. I agree with you, they are powerful.

Last summer a few of my colleagues and friends who are in my graduate program came to my place and looked through these cards and gave themselves a very powerful reading. Prior to them doing this I warned them how piercing these cards can be and that one should have good ego strength before using these for meditation or as an oracle.

They both shuffled the cards individually and pulled one at random at separate times. Interestingly, they both got Card 1 of Soul Cards 1--the same card you posted right after this thread. They found the cards overall to be intense, but both got a really good impression of this card due to the colors and the themes of the card, which they felt related to growth and development.

I am really excited to see another person interested in systemically studying these cards. I would like to join you in this journey and I sincerely hope others will join us.

Forrest

Elnor

Thanks, Forrest!

I agree with you that they are quite powerful cards... I'm still familiarising myself with them, but my initial experience with them has been very insightful and I'd really like to study them more fully. I think they might provide guidance on any deeper inner work I might like to do, (if I feel brave enough. :bugeyed:)

I'm really glad you are interested in joining me on this study!
How would you like to progress with this... shall we just work through the cards as they are numerically on the website? That way if others do decide to join in, it shouldn't be too difficult for them to suss out which card we're currently discussing.

Any ideas on how to get the most out of this study group are very welcome!

Elnor

FMTarotstudy

Elnor said:
Thanks, Forrest!

I'm really glad you are interested in joining me on this study!
How would you like to progress with this... shall we just work through the cards as they are numerically on the website? That way if others do decide to join in, it shouldn't be too difficult for them to suss out which card we're currently discussing.

Elnor

I think your idea to progress through them systematically is excellent.

Not only are the cards presented in a numbered sequence on the website, but you can also find this numbered sequence toward the back of the white book that comes with each set.

Presenting them in number sequence will make it easier for others to join us along this journey.

Forrest

byrgypsy

Hope its not to late to get involved with this group. I just got my deck as a gift in the oracle exchange, so i have little experience with it so far.

I also saw that you have already started discussing the first card, is that as far as you have gotten?

Jimm

Inspirit

Soul cards

I am not familiar with these cards could someone tell me more about them?

thanks,
inspirit

FMTarotstudy

Hello Inspirit & byrgypsy,

It is great to see others interested in exploring the soul cards. I appologize for not responding sooner as I have been rather busy.

Elnor and I have only done the first card of Soul Cards I. We are hoping to progress through them in order. Please feel free to jump in with any reactions, large or small, or to start the next card in the series.

The remarkable thing about the soul cards is that no matter what your experience or walk of life they pull a strong response out of you. Any thoughts, questions, or suggestions from you or others reading this thread is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Forrest

Priestess

Soul cards

Elnor I wouldn't mind joining this study too as I bought these cards recently. It would be great to get further insight into them. Can you tell me where to find the first card you were discussing. Thank you. I just found this thread today or would have joined earlier.