Magical Mermaids: Self-Employment

hunter

I am picking this card almost every day. It always makes sense as "Be your own boss", but I cannot help but laughingly think the cards might be saying "Go start a business Dummy! How much clearer can we make it!" :)

Here it is, even in my "What do I need to know about anger?" spread, along with the "yes" card that I read as "trust your intuition" which is written at the bottom of the card.

Photo_040209_001.jpg

I usually pick 2 cards a day for the past 3 or 4 weeks and just keep picking mostly Yes, Self-employment, protection and worthiness.

AJ

If it were my deck I'd cut those bottom keywords off, they are way to specific for readings. Without those I might think:
Free to be me
Square peg and loving it
Work/think outside the box
even something as mundane as take a different route to work
Make your position as an employee secondary to your real day...
Create a secondary side income
Birds fly Fish swim, identify your talents or strong points

Myrrha

That mermaid in the self-employment card is shaking lots of pearls out of the oyster. Perhaps it is saying that there are pearls to be found in the situation (in your anger, or whatever the reading is about) and they have to do with valuing yourself and being your own boss by thinking for yourself. Anger can be related to autonomy and the need to be independant, right?

I'm always torn about keywords because sometimes they tell me things I need to hear and wouldn't come up with for myself but sometimes it is hard to interpret the image in a less literal way with the keyword staring you in the face. Especially if you are reading for someone else and they look at the keywords and say "but the cards say xyz!"

hunter

Myrrha, ooh! I really like that about the pearls! Thanks!

AJ, scribbling notes in my book. Thanks! :)

Myrrha

You're welcome. Images like this are so wonderful. Now i want this deck!

hunter

I just got the card again yesterday :) I have become an obsessive shuffler, and still pick the same cards over and over.

There are many artists for this one deck. I like some of the artists better than others. This is NOT my favorite card artistically, but it's starting to grow on me, from familiarity.

This deck and the Way of the Horse deck add something to my daily tarot readings that is quite significant. I sometimes forget to look for repeating symbols in the tarot cards and the MM cards, which is a real mistake, because there are often repeating symbols and relevance to the direction and placement of cards, too.

I usually turn over my RWS significator and then the MM cards, before moving on to any others. I'm not sure why. They are linked in my mind.

I go through periods of trying out different spreads leaving out certain decks. I never skip my MM deck. "The Cheerleaders" need to be there!

I started out thinking of this deck as fluff, but don't anymore. It seriously adds real depth to my readings, especially when I concentrate on repeating symbols.

TheArchangelsBoy

I think there is a clear message coming through if the cards or type of cards continually re-appear.

What was your question about when you were shuffling the cards?