Procession of Riders

moderndayruth

PLEASE read the ETA first!!!!

to see the pic of the cards, click here

In a reading, the three RWS riders came out one after another - Knight of Wands, Knight of Pentacles and Death.
(Mind you, i am not interested in 'what it means' here.)

Where are they coming from?

Where are they heading to?

They are all facing right.

Their horses are respectively grey, black and white.

The Knight of Wands seems to be coming from the battle, he is triumphant, he is flashy... his gray horse seems to have a smirk on its face.

The Knight of Pentacles is wearing an armor, his horse seems to be the strongest one, they are in quite a 'dry' landscape where the only vegetation is the two trees far in the background and some leaves both on rider's helmet and on horse's head.
It seems unimportant where from he is coming, what matters is - where is he going, all focused on the coin in his hand.

The last, but not the least is the skeleton in black armor riding the white horse, as depicted in Death card.

The Knight of Wands seems to have won a worldly battle. Knight of Pentacles doesn't seem to be a warrior in the first place. Death's rider seems to be a story unto himself...

If you saw this three riders in a procession, what would you think?

Who are they?

What's the purpose of their advance?

ETA: will leave the OP as it is, because of the replies bellow -
************BUT READ THIS FIRST************

It was 6am when i wrote the post, i was half asleep...
Its the rider of the 6oW on the tail of the procession!!! :rolleyes: :p

nisaba

My first thought was: where were you sitting, and what part of your home/city/continent/world were they facing?

moderndayruth

nisaba said:
My first thought was: where were you sitting, and what part of your home/city/continent/world were they facing?

Hmmm, interesting. Let's make an experiment.
Get your RWS, pull the three riders, tell us which side of the world are they facing and what do you make it of it.

Mine are coming from the East. They might be spreading a new religion.

GryffinSong

Huh. I've got the Pamela Coleman Smith version and the knight of wands is facing to the left, while Death and the knight of pents are facing right. The knight of wands seems to look a little worried about that.

I'm going to try to dig out my other RWS and see which way he points.

moderndayruth

GryffinSong said:
Huh. I've got the Pamela Coleman Smith version and the knight of wands is facing to the left, while Death and the knight of pents are facing right. The knight of wands seems to look a little worried about that.

That's such an interesting twist!

GryffinSong

Are you sure you don't mean the knight of cups? My wands has a brown/tan horse. The knight of cups has a grey horse and he's facing the same way as the other two.

moderndayruth

GryffinSong said:
Are you sure you don't mean the knight of cups? My wands has a brown/tan horse.
Lol, yes, i am sure - i think the color may vary from edition to edition. Unfortunately, i don't have the box on me to look up which one is mine.
( The back of my cards is like this )

BrightEye

I have the same version of the RWS as you, and my Knight of Wands faces left, as if pulling away from the other two.

But if yours faces right and these were my cards I would read this as progress becoming slower and then coming to a halt. Neither the KnoP nor Death are moving anywhere.

Lunalyn

I must say my Knight of Wands faces to the left while Death and the Knight of Pentacles face to the right.
how is it that there is a difference?

moderndayruth

Ok, to my defence, it was 6am when i wrote this post, i was half asleep...
Its the rider of the 6oW on the tail of the procession!!! :rolleyes: :p