Procession of Riders

lucifall

spreading a new religion and death of the innocents

moderndayruth said:
what i thought initially; remember, my first thought was the riders were spreading some new religion?
Spreading a new religion, using combination of symbolism of the three cards, is also possible (I added some symbolism of V the Hierophant)

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3251/dacdff6b081702c7c69c3ae.jpg

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7572/swynsauy2d.jpg

Spreading a new religion was in history often the same as causing death of the innocent. Maybe we can compare it with the killing of the free pure innocent spirit.
Pure kids, slaughtered by the soldiers, who act on the orders of the Hierophant. The innocent girls’ heads are on the staffs, carried, as triumph and understatement for the good “new” religion.
The old religion is crushed by the Cardinal which leads this procession.
He shits on it…
The Knight on the horse wears a cross as the templars, the flag he held, shows us, that the death he causes under the innocent, are all blessed by the Pope. To reinforce that, the staff of Death contains a part of the cross of the pope.
This way of spreading religion, is the same as passing the light, not entering it, but pass it, as no pure religion demands for death, that is why the gate of light is on the left side of the card.

Luci

lucifall

moderndayruth said:
they get a diametrically opposite meaning to me - they are fighting against being enslaved and against a new religion that's being forced on them!
I think these 3 cards together can be combined in many opposite ways.
Astrologically that is also very clear.

Death= Scorpio = Fixed Water
Knight of Pentacles= leo to Virgo = Leo= Fixed Fire
6 of wands= Jupiter in leo = Fixed Fire

Fire and water are the rulers here.
Also they are opposites.
So when a little weight of one element changes, the procession will change accordingly....

Considering Virgo is involved with the Knight of Pentacles, we are appointed that things are mutable. Jupiter we also see as a very mutable, and turning planet. It is the wheel turning. Fortune or Misfortune. Changing ways of focus. One opposite following and preceeding another opposite.

As real Dutchy i can also visualize it as a wheel of a Water-Mill as we have in Holland combined with the Sun-wheel of heaven as we have on the temples in the East. One breeze of a wind and the weight of the elements will change. One Peep of the Moon and another (opposite) combination will occur....
Luci

moderndayruth

lucifall said:
This way of spreading religion, is the same as passing the light, not entering it, but pass it, as no pure religion demands for death, that is why the gate of light is on the left side of the card.
Right.

Ok, guys, lets think of some other and definitely more positive ideas about the procession!

If viewed metaphorically, what could be these riders' message?

BrightEye

One could say that Death transforms, exalts and refines the qualities of the 6 of Wands and Knight of Pentacles. The two minors are of the 4 earthly elements, which are exalted in the 5th element (the majors).

lucifall

When a being grows with the slow movement of the Knight of Pentacles, respecting nature and the seasons. Giving the ground the rest it need to flower and bring forth fresh vegatables afterwards in spring and summer. This Winter giving the being the spiritual insights which we fully explore in spring and summer.
The Knight of Pentacles enters Death in this Deep Winter, when the ground is in rest, Also our spirits are in rest in this time. We are often at home, take finally our time for reflection. We boost up our social lives during the christmas holidays, the New year.
Then in Spring we will be reborn as the 6 of Wands who triumphed Death.
Our builded insights are getting alive here...
It cycles as a procession, as it start over again and again and again

Luci

Teheuti

lucifall said:
I make glass paintings inspired on tarotcards, but never combined them!
This is an idea for new work………
In the creative mood you brought me in, I have made some compilations of the 3 in procession, with the fine drawings of Pamela.
Luci - These are wonderful. I never thought of collaging the images the way you have. It's kind of a shock to see Death in the 6 of Wands image - much less the mix of other things. It does remind me of the invasion of Mexico and Peru.

I use the 3-card drawing in workshops where we interpret each person's result and so things like the relative size of figures, colors chosen, or where a figure can't be completed because of running out of room on the sheet, all become interesting factors. The crayons keep a person from getting too caught up in the details. I wrote quite a bit about it in 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card.

moderndayruth

BrightEye said:
One could say that Death transforms, exalts and refines the qualities of the 6 of Wands and Knight of Pentacles. The two minors are of the 4 earthly elements, which are exalted in the 5th element (the majors).
That's a very interesting approach too!

moderndayruth

lucifall said:
When a being grows with the slow movement of the Knight of Pentacles, respecting nature and the seasons. Giving the ground the rest it need to flower and bring forth fresh vegatables afterwards in spring and summer. This Winter giving the being the spiritual insights which we fully explore in spring and summer.
The Knight of Pentacles enters Death in this Deep Winter, when the ground is in rest, Also our spirits are in rest in this time. We are often at home, take finally our time for reflection. We boost up our social lives during the christmas holidays, the New year.
Then in Spring we will be reborn as the 6 of Wands who triumphed Death.
Our builded insights are getting alive here...
It cycles as a procession, as it start over again and again and again

Luci

I like your ideas a lot! I also get an impression of continuity and perpetuation!

moderndayruth

Teheuti said:
I use the 3-card drawing in workshops where we interpret each person's result and so things like the relative size of figures, colors chosen, or where a figure can't be completed because of running out of room on the sheet, all become interesting factors. The crayons keep a person from getting too caught up in the details. I wrote quite a bit about it in 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card.

I, as everyone else here, hold your work in highest possible esteem, Teheuti!
I would love to attend one of your workshops as soon as there is a possibility for me to do so!
Thank you so much for participating in this thread!

lucifall

moderndayruth said:
I, as everyone else here, hold your work in highest possible esteem, Teheuti!
I would love to attend one of your workshops as soon as there is a possibility for me to do so!

I agree with this!
Teheuti, did you ever give workshops in Europe or intend to do so in the future?
Please?

Luci