Anna K Lenormand

ana luisa

GORGEOUS rendition of the ring!!! I get what you say about it being visceral. It REALLY is !!! It almost blends the present and the risks of the future:

Attachments

• broken-chain.jpg
    broken-chain.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 132

Barleywine

I can clearly see the RING, but more than that, there is almost a VISCERAL feeling, a connection, as I see the RING pull the cloth together. One of the MOST unique RING cards I've seen in Lenormand, yet one that so works for what I consider a pretty traditional meaning I use, generally a bond of some kind, whether romance or business, etc.

My very first thought was that it looks like how my shirts used to fit when I gained weight. :laugh: But it does capture the broader interpretation she's giving it. Personally, I find it one of the less effective concepts in what is otherwise a stunning deck.

celticnoodle

My very first thought was that it looks like how my shirts used to fit when I gained weight. :laugh:
:laugh:

I like it!! It really "reminds" you of the deeper meanings of the ring card. Sometimes we get a bit too wrapped up in thinking its only in regards to a romantic love. So, I am thrilled she created it to remind us of all the deeper meanings of the card. Good Job, Anna! :thumbsup:

greatdane

Interesting points, CelticNoodle and Barleywine

Barleywine, it took me a minute to let it sink in, but I must admit I find it a pleasant change from the just, well, ring. I still see a ring, but it's not like an engagement ring or some other ring for a finger, which makes one think romance. Even though I could still see the Ring as a contract in business, the fact it looked like a ring for a finger limited it as far as an image, although not for my meanings. I do understand your point, but I have to say, the more I see it, the more I like it's unique.

CelticNoodle, I see we are thinking along the same lines. Nice to see a RING in a Lenormand that is still obviously a ring, but doesn't just allude to romance as far as an image.

decan

The art is beautiful.
For me the most impressive card is the one of the coffin.

greatdane

And it's getting close to the end...Decan!

I have always loved Anna's artwork, but really love the direction she has taken with these cards. The images are all clear to me, and yet she has done some unique things regarding how she sees the cards.

For me, it's important I can look at a card and instantly know which image it represents.
I can do that easily with this deck and yet she has made some unique in her approach to it.
The Ring, The Coffin, all her cards I instantly recognize, but they aren't just the usual Ring, Coffin, etc.

Can't wait to get this one.

Barleywine

From ANNA. K -

Dear folks,

I uploaded my very obvious Clouds:
http://annak-tarot.at/lenormand/06_clouds_e.html
View all:
http://annak-tarot.at/index-lenormand_e.html

Next card will be the Dog!
Anna

This card conveys the meaning of the Clouds very well, in a straight-forward manner with no potentially confusing "frills." It's interesting that many of the other Lenormand decks I own have the "bright" side of the Clouds to the reader's right (to the extent that they have a bright side at all), while this version has it to the left. I don't suppose it makes any real difference, I'll just have to make a minor mental adjustment.

greatdane

I do love these Clouds...

I find them very visceral. It's like one can "feel" them.

And I don't know, Barleywine, I have seen dark/light on DIFFERENT sides with different decks.

I have seen some Lenormands that didn't even have a light or dark side, but were JUST clouds.

I get it can make a big difference depending on how one reads or how large a spread.

With my three card readings, and the way I read, I don't really care which side the dark or light show up on, but I know everyone has a preference.

ana luisa

No kidding, CN. Visceral it is ! I see the point Barleywine is making but I feel that even if you use directional cues (myself included), being on the left or on the right won't make much difference because the cards will find their "right" position in the spread and manage to give you the message. ;)

Note: the DOG will be deal breaker to me. I bought two decks on it alone !