Answer Deck: Truth

Cynthia

Ok, another AD card. After reading the other posts about many of the other AD cards, I was inspired to start really looking at the cards to get more of a feel for what they are saying. I was tending to just apply a very literal meaning based on the card title.

Anyway, Truth. This card shows a full-length mirror, oval, the sort you often find in someones bedroom. It's some distance from the point of view of the reader, sitting in the middle of an odd, checkerboard landscape. I don't have the feeling that this mirror is indoors, rather, that it's in some outside place. For some reason, I get a Dali-esque feeling from this card, even though nothing is melting. :)

I think this card means that the Querent is being told to face some truth about him/herself. That's why there's a mirror. Look in the mirror, see what's true about yourself. I don't know why, but this card gives me a feeling that it's usually suggesting an unpleasant truth that must be faced.

Gosh I like this deck! :D
Cynthia

Alissa

This card reminds me so much of David Lynch's "Twin Peaks" dancing dwarf dream scene, I can't even tell you.... Same checkerboard floor.

But this time, the checkers have been painted as to almost trick the viewer's perception. They are not uniform, they are tilted, suggesting a slightly warped landscape to the eye (perhaps the Dali effect you notice Cynthia!)

Is our view of the Truth skewed as well? Has our perception been distorted?

The mirror itself, I agree, implies self-reflection as a means of attaining Truth.

But again, this is our *perception* that tells us so. Is the Truth a matter of perception? Are there no absolutes?

The empty sky encourages an expansive sense of freedom to be found within the Truth.

And, the mirror's reflection is blank. There is nothing to see unless we chose to look for it. Is it time to look harder for the Truth around you?

It reminds me of a very powerful prayer I have used : "Let the Truth of the relationships around me be revealed."

That means, in order to see this concept in action, I will have to look for it. I have to be aware.

(It's a very good prayer, I recommend it highly. It will blow your doors away).