Fans of the Flonz

baylys

I'd say that the Seeker is more interesting than a title card.

A mini you say. How about the bridge/poker size on linen cardstock? :)

Haha, great minds think alike...

I am doing a bridge size AND a mini, and both will be on the linen cardstock.

Bridge vs poker...the bridge is the same scale as the original deck so there will be no misshaping of image as I scale it to smaller cards.

I will go with a seeker card and no title card.

thanks

baylys

Hey folks.

Some of you have reported that the laminate on your cards is peeling.

I have spoken to the print company and the printer is saying the only way that would have happened is through moisture getting in. HOW do you explain to a non-reader about the care people take with their cards? *cue me bashing my head against a brick wall*

He wants me to send back the faulty decks so he can investigate. I explained that the decks are spread out across the world and it would take some time. I got him to agree to photos to start with.

So, for those of you with peeling decks, if possible, could you please take photos of the worst cards and either PM or email them to me so I can forward them on to the printer. Can you also tell me if you have edge treated the decks, as I guess that counts as moisture ingress. Oh, and how much you use the cards, as he told me it would stand up to heavy wear. And how you shuffle... I think that's it lol.

Then, I am going to work head down, tush up to get the bridge edition of the Flonz complete.

If necessary, some of the decks may need to be sent back to me (don't worry, I'll cover postage), and I will make sure the printer replaces the decks.

And as compensation, for those decks that need to be sent back, I will also recompense you with a copy of the bridge and mini Flonz as a small gesture of apology.

I am so sorry that this has happened.

greatdane

On the plus side....even though still peeling...

It makes them look older, more vintage and I have ink stained them in Antique Linen (but think I will do the Tea Stain on them as well). On the sides where there is now just paper, I added the stain there as well. BEFORE staining, but AFTER filing, they continued to peel like a sunburn. I can't wait for another FLONZ to come out because I MISS using this deck!

I don't shuffle them much, but they would look great to do a reading at a faire or any special occasion. They are looking really old and more ragged. I am just wary of using them much. I think the Tea Stain will really add to the vintage look. The Antique Linen just made them look a little more used.

baylys

The second edition Flonz is nearing completion.

I need a volunteer or two....

I am in NZ, game crafter is in the USA. It will take forever (and cost a lot) for the proof decks to come to me.

I have a couple of proof items being sent to Greatdane for her to look at and comment on to me. But I need another couple of proofers please.

So, if you live in the US, I will get a proof copy of both the bridge and mini deck sent to you (no boxes, they come in little baggies). I ask that you look at the decks with a critical eye and let me know of any faults. In return you keep the decks to trade/keep/give away/beer coasters/art projects...,,

MoonGypsy

Me...:D

It would be a privilege. :love:

i also sent you a PM. :)

Nina*

Dang! I don't live in the US. :(

But I do look forward to this new edition. So much!

baylys

Thanks MG

Sorry Nina, I would like to do the proofing myself however it just takes too long and it is already past the date I wanted them released by. And international postage sucks!!!!

baylys

Dang! I don't live in the US. :(

But I do look forward to this new edition. So much!

Not long now.

And I am really reducing the 'designers profit' on the decks. I am making them for fun, not for money, so I am keeping them as cheap as I can.

Trying to get the mini in for about $13 and the bridge deck in for under $22 if possible.

greatdane

WOW GREAT PRICING if even CLOSE to that!

I am so excited. See the Crone jump up and down....ok, as high as a Crone CAN jump up and down....

FLizarraga

May I pitch in? Pretty please?