Edging your Lenormands THANKS LADYBIRD!

Autumn Spice

Anyway, here's a before and after of the LVJ, so you see what I'm talking about. The first one already has some touches of other colors, but you can still see the canary effect; then I went over them with Wild Honey.

I can see what you were talking about. They look great in the second picture.

greatdane

Mysteries of the Old Castle

Sorry I can't add pix right now, but just edged my Mysteries of the Old Castle in Pumice, the Tim Holtz distress ink. It is PERFECT for the gray borders in front. Yes, this color looks like pumice. You can make it a medium gray if you let dry, then add additional coats. But PUMICE is great for the STS Lenormand and Mysteries of the Old Castle.

Gathered Twigs for Under the Roses is perfect. For the Samhain Lenormand and Vintage Lenormand, I did those in about four coats of Vintage Photo which came out like a medium redwood shade and then added a coat of Gathered Twigs to make it darker, but it still has a slight red hue.

FLizarraga

Pix, please! Pretty please! :)

greatdane

Would love to, Flizarraga BUT

my friend's son took pix. His camera phone is now broken. My digital isn't working. SO I have wait to take pix.

But for those with grey bordered or backs decks, the PUMICE is excellent. The Mysteries of the Old Castle look like it should have come edged with it!

I can't believe how much staining the edges of decks makes a difference. If cases for my decks are their frocks, edging is their shoes :).

MoonGypsy

greatdane said:
I can't believe how much staining the edges of decks makes a difference. If cases for my decks are their frocks, edging is their shoes :).

:heart::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:heart:

greatdane

Thinking of doing my Bohemian Gothic in.....

Black Soot. Because it's water-based, if you're careful and go slowly, you can wipe away any excess. I am thinking it would look great on a B Gothic. After seeing how much better even great decks looked with inked edges, I am SO in edging decks mode!

greatdane

Look at your Bohemian Gothic....not gilded? Think..BLACK!

I am in the process now of doing my first ed in Black Soot and wow, I love it. I had a second pewter ed and yes pretty, but I moved it along (it had the dreaded red spots). Bling is lovely. But there is something about black edges on the B Gothic :)....

It's not an incredibly quick process, easy, but not quick. It takes awhile. But now I plan to also do the Third Ed BGothic and probably Place's Vampire Tarot (that a most kind ATer trimmed and gifted to me, you know who you are!) now that there are no white edges to contend with.