Fans of the Flonz

greatdane

Now that the Flonz Victorian Lenormand is finished and the pre order is in full bloom (but soon to end), I thought this thread would give us an opportunity to post why we ordered, what we love about the Flonz pix (and ok, help us take our mind off the wait! :).

I ordered because it's simple, yet elegant. I love the black stamp images. It has such a great Victorian vibe and I LIVE in a great Victorian vibe house. It's like the image are floating there, just us and the image. It almost feels 3d to me. I love the fact the card stock is tea stained. AND the cherry on top of the sundae was the great calligraphy! It just feels like an old deck to me.

So, all you other fans of the Flonz, what makes you want it?

PattyMc

I am a serious lover of Victorian, that era just sings to me, so to begin with it was the Victorian style that attracted me. Then I followed Baylys work and her love that she was pouring into her deck really impressed me. I think when a deck is being created, the creator's energy makes a difference in the deck energy.
Then when she posted images and I saw the child card, that one grabbed me, it looks very similar to my grandson and his name is Baylor. I'm one who signs/symbols speaks to me, so I knew then that I MUST get this deck!
When we were waiting for her site to go live, I sat there, needing to do some other things but afraid I would forget and not get my deck order in, (my memory isn't what it used to be lol), so I sat there and was hoping that I would be one of the first five but knowing that it's very difficult on the internet to time anything, I said a little prayer that the greenstone would find its way to whoever it was supposed to go to, offered up a thank you for my blessings, watched the site go live, put my info in.....and Then Baylys posted I was first.
I was shocked and excited, and now I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive in February. February is usually a difficult month for me, I lost a sister that I was extremely close to and her birthday is in February, the arrival of the Flonz will help chase away those blues, the grandson who I said looked like the child card was actually named after my sister that passed away.
Baylys has made this a limited edition of 50 decks, I hope that everyone that loves Lenormand will grab their copy, I have a feeling it's going to be one of those sought after decks once it begins to arrive. And we all know what it's like wanting a deck that is no longer available, it can be frustrating and expensive!!
Sorry for the long post, sometimes I get carried away!
Blessings,
Patty

greatdane

That was lovely, PattyMc!

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I hope this deck helps with your feelings this coming month. And the fact the Child card looks like your grandson who is named for her is especially poignant. Thank you for sharing that.

I agree about the Victorian feeling. I can't tell you how well this deck will go with my house :). It's like if I could dream up THE deck for my Victorian attic loft, it would be this one.

The calligraphy just made it feel even more handmade and special. Like something I would find in a trunk wrapped in a shawl from long ago. The feelings these images already evoke for me are just so special.

I'm excited to make this my Spring reading deck :).

PattyMc

You know, I didn't pay enough attention to the calligraphy GD, you are right, it's lovely! Fits nicely with the images.

Patty

Le Fanu

Hasn't this deck already been out in different editions? I tend to lose track...

Can you show/link some pictures, tempt me? :)

PattyMc

It's a brand new baby, created and self published by Baylys here on the forums. Having issues sending a link on my iPad but if you want to take a look at it, there are pics over in Lenormand Deck Creation, Flonz Victorian Lenormand.
She just went live with orders yesterday, only 50 decks to be printed.
Sorry about the link issue! I'm trying to cook dinner and post at the same time!

Patty

greatdane

It's brilliant, Le Fanu!

I got a pre copy on just heavy paper. It feels old. The writing is Baylys' calligraphy, it's tea stained. The images are fabulous. And like PattyMc said, it's BRAND NEW and just 50 numbered copies. But I am not enabling you, Le Fanu.

Le Fanu

I don't know what I was thinking of. I was confusing it with something else.

I popped over to Advertisements and saw images from it - where have I been?

A dire warning to Lenormand deck creators (I apologise in advance) - but I had sort of switched off to yet more Lenormand decks.

But this one is just gorgeous. I could have missed it - imagine! - this is exactly the style of Lenormand deck I will read well with. So uncluttered, so simple, so pure, and so sensitively chosen in terms of imagery.

I'm sure it is written somewhere in one of the three threads but when can we expect shipping to start. Only 50 you say? Phew. That could have been so close!

I love the Victorian billet-doux atmosphere it has. Like little mementos slipped into a lover's perfumed note circa 1890.

greatdane

LOVED your description, Le Fanu!

That is SO how I feel about this deck. It just resonates like it was done for me personally.
Victorian reading nook, Victorian deck :))). And the calligraphy I think just totally fits. It's like something someone handmade in the 1800's. sigh.

Glad you got in on this, Le Fanu. And I know there sure isn't 50 now! My order is in.

Now just waaatching the calendar and the mail....

PattyMc

Isn't it wonderful? Can't wait for it to ship! Baylys said shipping around February 12 and she will let us know if that changes.
So glad you found it Le Fanu, I think the 50 is going to go quickly, it's just so elegant and simple and charming and VICTORIAN!! Gotta love it :)

Patty